Chapter 6

It had been a week since our "wedding" and everyone was growing impatient. I wasn't the only one who wanted the money to be transferred as soon as possible.

I didn't know what father was waiting for.

I wonder what he'll make of it if I pressed him to send the money? Maybe he'll think I'm being pressured? He wouldn't be wrong though.

"Minji!," Jimin called out.

I scrambled out of my room and walked towards his. Maybe he needed to torture someone because he got stood up by father?

I gulped as all sorts of torture scenes went through my head.

"Yes," I said when I entered the room.

"Learn to knock, will you?"

"But you called me..."

"Oh, you wanna argue?" He stalked towards me and I mentally ripped my tongue out.

I shook my head like a madman.

But he strutted towards me and tipped my head up.

Crap. I was already in tears.

Terrified out of my wits, I just stared at him.

"Do you know how to cook?"

"I'm sorr-," I said but quickly stopped.

Huh?

I was in a stupor when he gripped my chin tighter, snapping me back.

That hurt.

"I asked something."

I nodded slightly.

"Look at that. You aren't that useless without your dad's money after all," he said menacingly.

I broke free from his grasp and looked at my feet.

"Cook something nice. My friends are coming over. Don't embarrass me or you won't have eyes to spill tears from."

A cold chill went through my spine.

I scrambled out of the room and ran for the stairs, wanting to distance myself from him as fast as possible.

But the problem was... I wasn't a great cook...

I just nodded in fear he'd split my head in half if I said no.

Now I stood in the kitchen, wondering if dying this way was better than dying because I'd refused to cook.

Well, at least now I'll die fighting.

Sighing, I went for rice... that's the only thing I knew I could cook without screwing up.

I was about done when the doorbell rang and I knew it must be his friends.

I got the door and stood stunned as not 1, not 2.. 6 extremely handsome men walked in.

With my mouth hanging open and arms frozen mid air, they all greeted me politely and hung their coats on my arms.

Great. They think I'm a maid here.

Well calling me a maid would be giving me a status. I wasn't even sure I had that here.

As I set the table, I heard Jimin talking and laughing with his friends.

I looked at the carefree laughter on his face. At least there's people who bring out the kid in him...

If he didn't frown all the time, he wasn't bad looking.

Wait, what am I thinking?

"Who is she? She's standing there for a while staring at you now," one of his friends asked. He had broad shoulders and he was very very handsome.

Crap.

Jimin looked at me and sighed. "That's my wife," he said, chewing on the word.

"Oh you mean the lottery ticket?," the tallest one said and the handsome one laughed... no matter how handsome, he laughed as if someone was cleaning windows.

"Introduce us at least, hyung. Introduce us to your bank account," the one with bunny teeth laughed now.

"Ha-ha guys, laugh at my misery." Then he signalled me to come forward.

I came and bowed, partly to hide my embarrassment.

"What misery, Jiminie pabo? She's pleasant to look at," Husky voiced god said.

Jimin tsked.

"That's Taehyung," he said and I nodded in acknowledgement. God, he is beautiful.

"Jungkook." The bunny boy.

"Namjoon." Tall monster.

"Jin." Prince windshield.

"Hoseok." Whoa, blinding sunshine. I rubbed my eyes. His smile was so precious.

"Yoongi," he said and sighed. He looked angry and sleepy. Grumpy.

"And this is....," Jimin said, pointing towards me, "Um.. er," he scratched his ear and looked at me, "sorry, what was your name again?"

I just stood there as embarrassment made itself evident on my face and someone squeezed my heart.

"M-Minji..," I said in a choked whisper. And then turned to run towards the kitchen.

Wiping my tears of humiliation I told myself I'd been through worse crap.

Blocking everything, I brought seven plates of omurice out on the table.

Now even omurice for dinner embarrassed me.

I was going to get hit tonight. Although I don't think it'll hurt me harder than it does right now.

"Dinner is ready," I said in a trembling voice.

As they came to their seats in the dining room, I went to fetch kimchi and water.

"Whoa, omurice," Yoongi said. "How did Minji know I like simple dishes?"

I smiled at his feeble attempt to cheer me up. I guess he only spoke little.. but he was mature.

"That's what you meant when you said you could cook?," Jimin said, gripping my wrist a little too tightly.

"Yes."

"You better pray it tastes good."

"It does," I said, putting the kimchi on the table.

"My spit tastes heavenly," I said as soon as he put the first spoonful in his mouth.

That resulted in him spitting it all out... on Hoseok, who was sitting opposite him.

"Oh faceu, dirty water!!"

Everybody burst out laughing as Namjoon said, "Jimin, you got no jams."

And the way he looked at me, I knew I was losing a lot more than just jams tonight.

__________________

Vote, share and comment!