These Four Walls

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No-"

"Yes, that would be great, actually." Quinten cuts her off. Amini glances at him, getting a glimpse of his brown eyes piercing into her's. She could tell that he was angry, they way his jaw kept clinching followed by the flaring of his nostrils, there was no way that it could be hidden. "Okay one of my assistants will help you with that." The doctor mumbles, as he moves the wand across to the top right of Amini's stomach.

"With you being seven and a half months now, your baby should be getting ready to change positions. Head first is how most labors are but at times we do get a breached baby. I wouldn't tell you to worry about that now until you're close to your due date but make sure to pay attention of any movements you may feel."

"Okay, I will."

"Have you experienced any swelling, insomnia or heartburn?"

Amini nods and lifts her head, "Yeah I really don't sleep as much as I used to but it's only because I'm in an uncomfortable position. My feet have been swelling up a lot lately so I don't wear heels or anything like that anymore and I do get heartburn when I eat but it depends on what it is."

"Well, what is it that you eat?"

"Lately my appetite has been poor but I do eat French fries when I can."

"French fries are filled with a lot of starch which is why you've been experiencing heartburn but try to increase your fiber intake, eat lean meats for protein and of course stay hydrated as much as you can." Her doctor explains to her whioe keeping his eyes on the screen.

"Okay, thank you. Can I get a few of the ultrasound pictures by chance?"

---

Smiling wide, Amini fixes her shirt and walks out of the quiet room with her husband behind her. "How are things going with that boxing class?" Being that the two haven't really talked much because of all that was going on, she wanted to hold a decent conversation that wasn't always about their child. She of course loved talking about their baby but she also wanted to know how her husband was doing in between all of that.

"It's going great." Quinten shoves his hands into the pockets of his slacks and shrugs his broad shoulders. "If I'm being honest with you. My only concern I have with you is for my child and I'm not even sure if that's my child. Right now I do not want to be friends with you. We tried but failed not even a month after because of your poor decisions so I do not care about what it is you have going on in your personal life anymore because I'm not apart of it. You shouldn't care about what's go in on in mine either so let's try not to get on that friendship level, we're not friends. I washed my hands with you so just call me when you have your next doctor appointment until then, please leave me alone." Stopping in her tracks, she looks at Quinten in shock with tear filled eyes.

"W-what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I no longer love you, I cannot fake like I do, that would be wrong of me so I'm being honest with you. I have no love for you, I'm only dealing with you because of our child and I expect for you to have those papers signed before the next doctor's appointment." Instead of taking the conversation any further, Amini simply nods and walks off before Quinten could see the tears in her eyes.

He watches as she walks away, masking his own pain because he truly did not mean that but, he had to make her believe that he did, he had to tell himself that he was over her because if not, hed fall victim to her passive aggressive ways when he did not want to so in order to make her see the picture much more clear. He had to say something that he knew would break her heart and make her move on. It may not have been the best thing to do- it actaully was not the best thing to do. Little did he know, he was hurting himself while trying to hurt her but that's how things were between this complex couple. Something was always said to hurt the other's feelings while trying to protect their own.