Be Alright

Back to back updates and the first chapter without a visual 🌚🌚🌚

One Month Later // Nov 2019

◇ Omniscient ◇

Her red bottom heels click along the tile floor as she runs down the hallway clutching the sides of her dress. Her two bodyguards right behind her, trying to keep up as the three of them make a left turn backstage. "Amini!" Lexis shouts causing Amini to whip her head to the left of her. She removes her dark freshly curled hair out of her face and looks at her. "Yes?" She says in vexing tone of voice. Lexis glares at her, catching her attitude. "You're late."

"Why do you think I was running backstage." Amini retorts. Lexis chuckles and takes a step towards her, roughly grabbing her face and pulling her close to her as if she were her child. "For you to be a damn good model you have one fucked up attitude, fix it." Removing her hand from her face, Lexis pushes Amini resulting in her to stumble back luckily, one of her bod guards grip on her arm just in time.

"Oo I wanna beat yo ass." Amini says to herself knowing that if she were to say that to Lexis' face she'd have consequences to face. "I brought you here to host the gathering and you show up late, who does that?" Lexis stresses, throwing her hands in the air. "You know what you fu- Hey Ma!" Amini looks to the right of her and sees Hayden standing a few feet away, showcasing his beautiful smile.

"Haybae." She says, calling him by the nickname she had given him once the two of them became close friends with one another after their first awkward shoot together. "Damn you look good." Hayden takes her hand into his and has her do a full three sixty for him so he can get a good look at her outfit for the night.

"Thank you, thank you. You look good yourself." She comments fixing the tie to his suit.

"You know my baby picked my outfit out for me and she never disappoints." He says, referring to wife of two years.

"I still don't understand how you're twenty one and already married." Amini comments pulling him to the side. "By the way, Lex is being a full on bitch tonight and I was seconds away from beating her ass." Laugher releases from Hayden's vocals cords. The disliking Amini had towards Lexis had grown in the last month, the two of them would butt heads on many occasions. Amini almost lost her spot as a host for tonight's gathering due to her poor word choice just three days ago.

"You meet with your new manager tonight though right?" Hayden questions.

"Yes I do but I have no clue who the fuck that is. First Lexis said it was a he then a she now it's back to a he." She whispers not knowing if her new manager was standing just a few feet away from her. "I want to make a good impression you know. I'm not always slick in the mouth like I am with Lexis." She states as she looks at the people who were crowding the backstage area.

"You'll do great, ma." He assures her, locking their arms with one another.

"So will you, the two of us hosting this can't be that nerve-recking, can it?"

"No it's just a gathering with all the models signed to the agency as well as the people behind the scenes of the company and of course our managers. Your boyfriend is here tonight, right?" Amini tucks her champagne colored lips and shrugs her shoulders. "I do know that he has a night class and he couldn't cancel it because he's giving his students a pop quiz but, he did say that he'd try to make it so if he does show up that's great. If it doesn't that's perfectly okay." She says truthfully knowing that Quinten was always a supportive boyfriend and if he missed one small event it wouldn't be the end of the world for her.