1st Position

♡ Amini Howard ♡

I run my finger along the brim of the glass as I carefully analyze the atmosphere. The strong scent of expensive perfume along with weed fills my nostrils. I honestly never knew that some of the top models of the industry were this wild behind closed doors.

Downing glass after glass with ease, screaming the lyrics of the current song to the top of their lungs and even playing truth or dare with one another.

It was crazy.

I bring the glass to my lips and take a sip while my eyes continue to observe everyone who was enjoying themselves unlike myself. I'm only here because of my manger; after the meeting I had with him earlier about my contract he encouraged me to meet with the other girls he manages at the penthouse suite of the hotel. At first I was really against it just because I'm not much of a social person but I eventually reconsidered it since Quinten and I are still going through our differences and the last thing I want is to be alone right now. I can't be with him so why not surround myself with my fellow colleagues and at least try to have fun.

Placing the cold glass down, I pull my phone out of my clutch to look at the time. "It's barely nine p.m." I mumble to myself. Unlocking my phone, I go to my messages and see one from Quinten. My thumb hovers over the thread while I tuck my bottom lip. I'm still surprised that he's even reaching out to me after what I said to him. If someone said some shit like that to me I'd instantly delete them from my life but Quinten and I are oh so different.

So different to the point that it frightens me that I'll be the one to ruin us. "Put your pride aside." I say to myself, my thumb still hovering over the thread. Finally clicking it I see many texts messages he sent me in the past week but the last three stood out like a sore thumb.

Firefly 💛

It's been a week since I've seen and heard from you. Just let me know that you're okay,
I love you.

Firefly 💛

I do apologize for what I did, it was out of line and I take full responsibility for it.

Firefly 💛

If you can, meet me tomorrow evening at the café downtown. The one we went to on 53rd street. You and I need to figure out what we're doing. I also think the both of us should seek counseling.

I purse my lips at the last text message. Counseling is something I'm really not here for. I don't like telling anyone about my problems, it took me forever to do that with Quinten and I'm not looking to do all that again with someone else but, I agree with him. We really need to figure out what the fuck we're doing and how to fix it because if not. I'll lose him; I did that once and I refuse to do it again.

I quickly reply to his text with a simple K. I was too lazy to spell the word out and I was still feeling some type of way after what he did even though there's barely any pain and I'm healing pretty well now. I tuck my phone away in my clutch and grab my glass, finishing the last of the brown liquor in it. I look up and scan the crowded room once again seeing a girl looking at me from afar; she brings the glass in her hand to her lips and takes a sip of her drink. I smile at her and place my chin on my fist, looking elsewhere before my eyes meet with her blueish green ones again. I laugh to myself and just watch her; she was one of those girls who was simply beautiful in my opinion. She wore light make-up and had a natural glow to her pale skin, plump lips and a nice lil size to her body. She runs her fingers through her jet black hair and stares at me.