Y.A.S

♡ Amini Salazar ♡

Seated in the makeup chair, phone in hand and a bag of flaming hot Cheetos on my lap, I scroll down my Instagram feed, liking a few pictures and making a few comments. Today has been a busy day, from going to back to back meetings for upcoming bookings to having two rushed photoshoots in one day. Thankfully, after this one I can go home. Jensen honestly was not lying when he told me that I'd have to prove that I was worth managing.

For the next six weeks I have endless bookings as well as auditions. Ones that I honestly don't even want to do but, I have to. It's either that or find a new manager and quite frankly, that's the last thing I want right now. I don't want my work ethic to look sloppy and in my eyes, having two managers in the course of one year is sloppy. "You shouldn't be eating those." Alison; my nutritionist says, taking the bag of chips out of my hand. "I haven't ate breakfast." I reply.

"You were offered breakfast, you denied that." No one wants a plain bagel without cream cheese and a six ounce cup of apple juice for breakfast. "You mean a snack because that was far from a breakfast." I huff. Since my meeting with Jensen; nearly everything has been out of my control and it's only been a week. I can't even pick what it is I want to wear for my photoshoots, how I want my hair or makeup and even what I want to eat. He said I have to get in shape as if I'm not scratch that, I'm not but I have a high ass metabolism so whatever I eat burns off easily.

"I'll faint from not eating before I eat anything you try to offer me." I say truthfully, drinking protein shakes are fine by me but anything after that is a no. I already have to deal with my vegan husband who looks at me crazy whenever I eat meat, I don't need that shit at work either especially from rude ass people. "Faint if you want to. You'll end up without a job." I could tell by the way she said that she was being serious and it pissed me the hell off. The impulsive Amini would have some slick ass remark but, I've been working on that since going back to counseling therefore, I'm going to let it slide. This time at least.

Directing my attention back to my phone, I look at the incoming text from my husband.

Firefly 💛

The kids and I are in the area, do you want anything to eat?

Smiling down at my phone, I decide to FaceTime him instead of replying to his text. Answering on the third ring, I'm greeted by his beautiful face along with Paz's adorable one. "Hi Amini." She waves.

"Hi Paz, how are you?" I ask. She looks at her father then back at the screen. "Good! He got us McDonald's and he like neeever gets us any fast food." She exaggerates.

"That's not true." Quinten butts in. "Uh huh only mommy gets us fast food."

"Pizza is fast food," He tells her. "You guys always have pizza."

"Yeah but pizza is not all that, daddy."

"Go back to eating your food, sunflower." Following his orders, Paz disappears leaving me to look at him, smiling wide, his deep dimples make an appearance.
"You're really happy. I can tell." He nods and messes with his diamond nose ring while he licks over his lips. "I am, I'll tell you once you're home but, do you want me to get you anything to eat, my love?" Hell the fuck yes, people in here got me eating like my ass is six years old instead of twenty six years old.

"Please," I exhale, "I haven't ate since I left this morning."

"Why is that?"

"The food they have me eating here is disgusting and stuff I don't like babe, what the fuck is hummus and why does is smell so bad? It's all tangy and not in a good way." I close my eyes and shake my head, remembering how disrespected my taste buds felt when I tried that shit.