These Four Walls

◇ Omniscient ◇

Although his last words left a sour tatse in her mouth and broke her heart, Amini couldn't help but to smile when she saw Quinten step into the quiet room of the doctor's office. He briefly makes eye contact but looks away, he was only here for their child even after he let his harsh feelings get in the way; he felt the need to still support her from a distance.

Loving her fully was not in the horizon as of now, his mental was not strong enough to carry his package as well as her's and by realizing that, he was able to put up a wall to protect himself from her because even after all that was said and done, she was still legally his wife, the mother of his child and the women whom he loved most even if he no longer was in love with her, his love for her still ran deep. "You made It." She says in a whisper, texting him the date of her thirty three week check up was such a risky thing to do after he went off on her. Amini knew that even if he truly meant what he said he'd still come around because that's just how Quinten was. He'd still do all he can for you even after you've hurt him countless times - a struggle that he'd been facing all his life.

"Yeah." He voice was monotone, no eye contact was made and by the energy shared within the room, Amini knew that he rather be any place but with her. It hurt, like a bitch but she could not be mad about it because she was the one to blame, she wasn't going to point fingers at anyone but herself. "I've been eating really good this past week." She smiles wide as her left hand lazily rests on her belly. "As you should." Quinten slouches in his chair and begins to look at the painted, blue walls that had storks carrying new born babies along it. He wasn't even in the room for a good ten minutes and was itching to leave already. Amini frowns while trying to think of something to say, anything to spark up a conversation between the two and not one that was filled with tension or one worded replies.

"Do you have any plans for Lur's birthday?" She questions knowing that Lur's sixth birthday was a few weeks away.

"Roller skating and a pool party." Quinten replies just as Amini's OBGYN walks into the room. "It's finally good to see you Mrs Salazar, how are you doing today?" He looks up at Amini with an amiable smile then at Quinten who was now standing. "I'm good, I have no complaints honestly."

"That's what I like to hear, if you can just lay back for me and lift your shirt we can get a look at your child. You know the sex already, correct?" He asks slipping on a pair of blue gloves. Amini nods then looks at Quinten. "My husband doesn't and actaully would like to wait until I give birth." She explains, resting her arm behind her head while looking at the doctor apply the ultrasound gel. "Okay no problem, I'll just get right into it, feel free to ask any questions as we go along." Amini nods and looks at the screen as so does her husband. Hearing the loud sound of their child's heartbeat brings tears to both their eyes. With it being two months since hearing the soothing beating of their child's heart it was definitely overwhelming for the two of them especially with Quinten since he truly wanted this child more than his wife did.

He was still hoping that her hormones were getting the best of her the day she revealed that she did not want their child. If she wasn't, that would be another reason for him to distance himself away from her and cut all the attachment he had with her as well as get custody of their child but he did not want to let it get to that point. "They're so big now, oh god." Placing her hand upon her mouth as more tears form within her eyes, Amini stares at her child that was due in less than three months. "They should be around the size of a pineapple, your baby is a little bit under weight from the looks."

"How much under weight?" Quinten questions, looking directly at the doctor.

"Just a few ounces and from your file it's because you're not eating as much as you should. If you'd like we can set up a diet plan for you." He offers.