Timeless [Kaito Momota]

Woah I always enjoy a great angst chapter :) Just look at the title of the chapter and then you'll know~

Enjoy~

Requested by: KittyCat-Carla524

Y/N's POV

I've always wondered why someone would be selfless enough to throw themselves in front of danger just to protect someone whom they treasured. It seemed so stupid and dramatic. Why would someone just toss their life away? I know that I value mine above all else.

There's no way in hell that I'd be some sacrifice for another pathetic life that wasn't my own. I was just as precious as anyone else, right?

Now that I had developed a deep infatuation with someone who I had just met the other day, I could feel those emotions bubble inside me as they start to change. It was absurd. Just because I liked him a little more than the rest of the students here wouldn't mean I would sacrifice myself for him.

But...

Kaito was a bright light, and I was the shadow walking behind him. His boisterous laughter and strong words of encouragement didn't mix with my annoyed grumbling and sarcastic remarks. When I finally got the chance to talk to him, I had shied away.

However, being the bright star that he was, he tried regardless of my retreat and rejection.

"Hey, you with the H/C hair!" He called with joy embedded in his voice. "I don't think I've met you yet."

Reluctantly, I stopped in my tracks, slightly turning my head to face him although he couldn't see most of my features.

"I don't think you'd want to meet me." I said barely above a whisper, turning back around. "I'm just going to kill or be killed anyways. It's best not to get too close to anyone."

Before I could once again walk off, I felt a large hand on my shoulder, forcing me to stop.

"Turn around."

"No." I said harshly, feeling anger swell within the pit of my stomach. "I don't want to be associated with anyone, nonetheless you."

"Ouch." He chuckled bitterly.

A strong force exerted from my shoulder twisted me around. My eyes were at the same level as his goatee, and I didn't bother to look up at his expression.

'But damn is this guy tall.'

"Look at me."

I huffed out in annoyance, showing my lack of interest for our little encounter. Of course it was nice to be near someone who you liked slightly above the rest, but it wasn't so nice for them to be basically interrogating you and bossing you around.

"What do you want?" I glared up at him, my eyes seemingly to shoot out venom.

"I just want to know more about you." He smiled, letting his hand fall to his side. "Plus, it's always nice to make more friends."

My eyes adverted so that they were looking at the ground. "I don't make friends." I spat coldly. "For all you care, I could slit your throat right now."

He seemed to flinch a bit before that damn smile returned to his face. "Then do it."

Taken aback, I could only stare at him, trying to process what sort of thoughts were running through his empty mind. Did he seriously just challenge me to kill him?

"Don't underestimate me." I shot back, feeling a bit of discomfort by his previous statement. "I-I know a lot about martial arts."

Kaito could only grin wider. "Hey, you finally opened up about something!"