{CS}A Savior from the Dark [Nagito Komaeda] (AU)

[Prolly one of my favorite chapters TBH]

"There is no better way to thank God for your sight than by giving a helping hand to someone in the dark."

-Helen Keller

Y/N's POV

Everything is dark. My eyes are open, but the black void consumes me into nothingness.

Never once had I seen my face, seen my family, or seen the "beauty of Christmas" as everyone calls it.

Every year, I hear about the lights blinking red and green, but I don't really understand what that is. They tell me red and green are "colors", but couldn't explain what colors were.

They only told me the darkest form of color was black, and that's what I was seeing for the past sixteen years of my life.

I was independent. It wasn't by choice though. People neglected me and chose not to help me despite my misfortune at birth.

The thought of suicide crossed my mind multiple times, but it would be difficult trying to grope around in the darkness for a noose or blade. I sliced my hand on a few knives during that process, but I just ended up just quitting.

School was almost out for the winter break, and I was excited like any other student on campus. I wasn't excited that there was no school; I was excited that I could stay in my room without the occasional kid snickering at me for not being able to see.

It was the last period before school was out, and I felt my way through the hallways between the snickering and laughing of students with their friends.

As I was walking, I felt a leg spring out from a side of the hallway, and I obviously tripped over it, landing face-first on the ground.

I yelped before making contact with the floor. All the things I was carrying flew out of my hands, and now I had to feel around the floor to pick everything up.

"What a loser!" A girl giggled.

"What happened to her hair? It's so messy and tangly." Another one smugly said.

"She should go kill herself. She's crazy to think that anyone would love to have her around any longer."

Even though I couldn't see them, I could feel the warm tears spilling down onto my cheeks, splashing down onto the tiles with a small drip.

Before I could regain my confidence and feel around for my books, I heard a voice speak over the others.

"Stop! Leave her alone!"

The sharp sound of footsteps started getting closer until I could hear their heavy breathing in front of me.

Upon instinct, I had curled up into a ball, getting ready to defend myself from whatever punches or kicks might come towards me.

They never came.

The person in front of me spoke up, and from their voice, I guessed they were a male.

"Why are you hitting her? Have you lost hope to the point where you blame it on others?" He asked, sounding a bit angry.

"Oh, he's that one crazy kid who always talks about hope."

"We're hitting her because she's useless. Who wants a blind person to stick around?"

"Stop! Her being blind makes her special and more unique than the rest of you!" He yelled. "She may not be able to see your faces, but she's able to see inside your hideous hearts!"