Thunder

Dan laid in his bed, scrolling through social media on his phone. With the lightning sometimes spilling into the room through the cracks in his curtains and the thunder booming just outside, it was hard to go to sleep. He sighed closing out instagram and rolling over to face the ceiling. He started to count every time the lightning illuminated his bedroom or when thunder struck. He didn't even notice the sound of his door creaking but instead, the light from the hallway flooding into his room. "Phil?" Dan asked.

"C-can I sleep in your bed?" Phil wrapped his arms around himself and looked to the floor as if he were ashamed.

Dan was taken aback by Phil asking him. I mean, wasn't it a little weird? Then again, he was scared and he couldn't bare to do that to Phil. "Uh sure.. I'll just make a bed on the floor." Dan was in the middle of scooting out when Phil sat on the edge of his bed and looked over to him.

"No, you can stay up here." Phil took off his glasses and laid down, as if this was perfectly normal for them to do. Dan sighed quietly and turned his back to Phil, facing the other way. Though, Dans bed wasn't that big, so their backs were still touching. Dan closed his eyes, trying to sleep. He felt Phil shift behind him and then an arm draped around his bare torso. Dans eyes opened and he blushed, but didn't dare to move. He knew Phil was already asleep, within seconds that he laid down he started to softly snore. He laid there for almost two more hours without any sleep, he didn't want to wake up his... friend.

But then came morning. Dan awoke to the sounds of low rumbling thunder, no where near as bad as it was last night. He attempted to sit up, but Phils Head was on Dans chest and an arm was around his waist. He smiled lightly and ran his hand through Phils hair. "Phil?" Dan said soothingly. "Phil get up."

Phil stirred and slowly opened his eyes. When he realized where he was, he sat up quickly. "I'm sorry, Dan! I meant to keep my space but-"

"It's fine," Dan chuckled, untangling himself from the blankets. "It's okay."

Phil gulped and got out of bed, too. "I'm just scared of thunder." Dan smiled and nodded, secretly hoping that there would be another storm tonight, too.