At Last I See The Light (Part One)

There is abuse and other more mature themes in this so uh be warned.
-----

Phil sat in his bedroom reading the only book he had for the tenth time. He shakily turned the page, waiting for the moment when his parents were going to be home. When he would get his new cuts and bruises.

He heard the door open and shut the book. There was no point trying to lock his door... his dad just broke the lock.

"Phil! Where the fuck are you?" His dad yelled.

"I'm in my room," he answered. He heard the stomping up the stairs and sat up. "Hey, dad."

"Don't you hey dad me. God damn failure." He swung at Phil and hit him in the side of the head. Phil squeezed his eyes shut. "You killed your mom.. you know that? How do you feel?" He picked him up by his shoulders and threw him against the wall. "She gave birth to you and you thank her by killing her the day you were born. Fuck off," he hit him in the stomach and Phil fell into the ground. He was starting to cry, but held back the tears because he knew that if he would cry his dad would just hurt him more. "I fucking hate you," his dad spat on his face and continues hitting him.

But what neither of them knew is that his dad had made the mistake of leaving the curtains open. And someone was watching.

---4 hours later. (Around 1 am)---

Phil was crying silently as he tried to wipe the dry blood off of his face. Knock knock. Phil looked confusedly at his window. He saw a figure there and he opened it slowly.

A curly headed brunette boy smiled at him. "Hey. Phil right?" Phil nodded and moved the curtains to the side. "Well the names Dan.. can I come in?" Phil moved to the side and let him in.

"Dan can I ask why you're here?" Phil sat on the bed.

"I know what you're dad does to you. And I'll make you a deal..." Phil nodded. "I'll get you out of here. You just have to help me."

"Do what?"

"You'll see once we get you out of here. Is it a deal?"

"Just as long as I don't hurt anyone."

Dan smiled and nodded. "Nope. Not hurting anyone."

Phil smiled back lightly. "Alright.. can I just grab a backpack of things?" Dan nodded and laid on Phils bed.

"Ready?" Dan asked. Phil mumbled a quiet yes and watched Dan go out the window. "Need help?" Dan held out his hand. Phil took it and got down.

They got in Dans car and looked out the window. He saw all the new buildings and the small river flowing under the bridge. He had never actually been out of the house. Dan glanced over at Phil and smiled lightly.

They pulled up to an apartment building about 45 minutes away from phils old house.

They entered the house and Dan gestured to his bedroom. "You can stay in here, I'll stay on the couch."

"Are you sure? I'm fine with staying on the couch." Dan nodded and smiled. Phil sat his backpack down and wondered if his life was going to be any better.

Dan came back into the room with a first aid kit. "We should get your cuts cleaned up."

Phil nodded. " I have some on my chest. Is it okay if I take my-"

"Of course." Dan answered a little too quickly. Phil pulled of his t shirt to reveal a bony frame. Dan cleaned his cuts while Phil winched and grabbed Dans shoulder. "After this we can get you some food."

Phil smiled and thought.. "Yes. My life will definitely be better."