Chapter#4 A Bond Is Formed

Your Pov

"T-thank you Rin..."

The young girl served me some berries that looked yummy but I wasn't really hungry. This whole mess is too much to take in.

One moment I am living my normal life and then the next minute I'm thrown into a whole other world. How did Kagome even stumble upon this place?

Maybe all those excuses of her being sick was so that she can come here. If that is true then her family must know about this place too.

"Miss are you not hungry? You seem to be lost in thought. Is something wrong?"

Rin wore a worried expression, so I smiled while combing her hair behind her ear to reassure her.

"I'm fine sweetie. Don't worry about me. You should eat too."

"Yes of course Miss! I have to keep my strength up so that I can continue to serve Lord Sesshomaru!"

After saying this she practically swallowed the berries she picked. It only made me wonder why she was so hell bent on serving him. Could he maybe be her father? Or did he adopt her? Maybe he saved her?

I looked toward the man named Sesshomaru who rested peacefully against a tree. At first glance he looked human to me but now that I have a better look at him he is far from a normal human.

"Excuse me miss."

Rin whispered quietly to me so that not even the little demon named Jaken could hear.

"Do you have feelings for Master Sesshomaru? Are you his woman?"

This girl sure does have a mature mind for her age.

"No your mistaken. I have no idea who he is or why I'm here. I can assure you that I am not his woman. What about you? Are you his daughter?"

Rin shook her head.

"No, I am an orphan that Lord Sesshomaru saved. I am simply his servant as a thanks for him saving my life."

Wow. She must have been through a lot...

"I'm sorry to hear that Rin, a young girl shouldn't have to go through such things."

Rin smiled.

"It's ok. Things became much better after Lord Sesshomaru took me in. He is like an older brother or a father to me. Just don't tell him I said this."

I nodded.

"No problem."

When I looked up again Sesshomaru was standing right before us.

"What are you two discussing amongst yourselves?"

Rin ran off to play with the two headed horse looking thing leaving me alone with Sesshomaru.

"I umm....nothing in particular."

Sesshomaru continued to stare at me.

"You treat Rin as if she is your child. Why?"

I was sort of taken aback by his question. I mean Rin is a little girl, she needs a female figure to look after her. I guess the whole motherly instinct kicked in without me noticing.