Chapter #11 Under The Moonlight (Pt.2)

Your POV

He..he kissed me back. I really couldn't believe it. It's such a sweet kiss, for someone who doesn't show much emotion. I never would have dreamed of a moment like this. What did this kiss mean exactly? I don't think he has ever shown interest in me before.

I quickly became unsure of myself. Should I pull away? I lightly pushed on his shoulder but he swiftly slid his hands down to my lower back, pulling me deeper into the kiss. I gave in completely. How could I not?

What if he really is just using me for whatever power is stored in my heart? If  this was truly the case I never want this kiss to end. He hardly gave me room to breathe but I savored every second. We parted lips for a moment so I weakly called out his name. "Lord Sesshomaru...why?" He stared deeply into my eyes. "Why? I am unsure of it myself. But my heart cannot deny that this moment has made me realize something. I have grown fond of you."

I was in disbelief. I can't say I believe him but I can't really say that I don't believe him either. I feel so confused. Maybe me kissing him was a mistake. What if this leads to more problems? Ugh I should have thought this through better. My heart only gets me into trouble. "You have? How so?" I questioned him playfully but his serious expression faded. "I cannot say. I do not know myself." The wind blew causing his hair to sway. It shined due to the light of the moon reflecting on it. "Are you sure what you feel isn't just a passing fancy? I have only been a burden to you. How could you possibly feel anything besides annoyance for me? Aren't you just after the jewel in my heart? Or what about the demon Naraku? He is your enemy correct? He is after me as well. It could just be that you don't want him to have the jewel."

Oops I just blurted out everything at the worst possible time. I sound rude. "Forgive me Lord Sesshomaru. I usually have a hard time trusting anyone. Especially when their motives aren't clear." He sat quietly. The silence was unbearable. I think I really screwed this up. "Trust is something I can understand. But your other emotions I have trouble understanding. Demons are indeed more calculating. You have reasonable concerns but I can assure you of one thing I have no plans of betraying you. If I did I would have done so a long time ago. You have been alone with me this whole time without anyone to protect you from me and yet here you are, unscathed. Not one demon has been able to even touch a single hair on your head. My actions are clear and yet you're still unsure of me."

I hung my head in shame. "Have I upset you Lord Sesshomaru? If so...please forgive me. I would never wish to-"Sesshomaru's hand was gently placed on my head. "Go and hide." I went into panic mode as I heard those words. My body trembled but I hid like he wanted me to.

I peeked through the bushes and saw a man dressed in fur with a baboon face mask. "Sesshomaru, first son of the great dog demon. Never would I have thought you would lower yourself to your brother's level by protecting a human. How silly. Why don't we make a deal hmm?" I shuddered. That was Naraku's voice. I took a few steps back but bumped into someone. I went to scream but a large hand covered my mouth. Everything faded to black quickly. What could possibly be happening to me now?