Chapter#9 Jaken & Mayumi (Pt.2)

Jaken's POV

"Lord Sesshomaru please return quickly. I fear that I will no longer be able to fend off these demons."

The humans have fainted due to the summer heat. As they slept I fought hard to keep them safe so that I can properly honor my Lord. However this task is becoming quite difficult. They keep coming and the heat is starting to get to me as well. 'What shall I do my Lord? Will I get to see you again? Or will this be the end?'

*BEAM OF LIGHT*

"My word has the sun exploded!? What is this light!?" I covered my eyes to protect them from a light so bright that you could not gaze upon directly. However, I could see a woman in the midst of that light as if it came from her. The demons swarmed to her, but turned to ash when they touched the light. Who could this woman possibly be!?

I stared at the light as it dimmed only to see the woman was indeed Mayumi. I swung my head to the side realizing that Rin was just as shocked as I. The light disappeared and Mayumi fell to the ground. Rin and I raced to her side in disbelief. "Master Jaken her fever is gone! Miss Mayu must be a celestial being of some sort! Even her light was filled with warmth and kindness! The demons were no match!" I stared down at this troublesome woman with complete uncertainty. What if this woman hurts Lord Sesshomaru!?

"Wake up you leech of a woman! You have powers! You no longer need the help of my Lord! Be gone! Good riddance! Flee stray dog!!!" I whacked her with my cane several times until she woke up trying to block my attack. "Jaken! Stop!How rude can you be!?" I whacked her once more. "It's Master Jaken to you, lowly human!"

Your POV

"THAT'S IT!" I grabbed Jaken's cane and whacked him with it. "I'm not a leech nor am I a stray dog! I'm with Lord Sesshomaru because I like-!" I paused, blushing at the words I was about to say. "Because I like to serve him! He is my Lord as well! So what if I'm a burden now! I'll just work super hard and get stronger so that I can stay by his side!" I gave Jaken his cane back and stomped a distance away and sat on a rock. Jaken and Rin just stood there frozen in place. "Master Jaken you upset Miss Mayu. Maybe you should mend things with her. Her words seem genuine don't you think? She desires to be by Lord Sesshomaru's side just as much as us."

I refused to look at Jaken when he quietly approached me. He struggled in a very funny way to sit next to me on the rock but I held my laughter cause I could tell he seemed ashamed for his actions. I didn't want to kill the mood. "I'm sorry useless human." I glared at Jaken. "I-I mean useful human. I was wrong for saying the truth so openly." I grit my teeth, feeling the steam burst from my ears. "Ok! Ok! Ok! I'm sorry! I was only seeking what is best for my Lord! I just think another human by his side would only hinder him. Make no mistake my Lord is great but he seems to be acting strange lately since he has met you. Can you understand my concerns for him?"

I smiled. "Yes, I do. Lord Sesshomaru is lucky to have you by his side. I wish I had someone as loyal as you to care for me the way you do about Lord Sesshomaru." Jaken cleared his throat, puffing out his chest. "Y-yes I agree!" Rin overhearing the conversation interjected. "Miss Mayu you say that so sadly. Were you betrayed by someone?" She is one sharp kid. "Yes but that's not important. How about we make some dinner for Lord Sesshomaru? He might be hungry by the time he gets back don't you think?" Rin's eyes lit up. "Yes! We can catch some fish and cook them over the fire! And look, there are some edible mushrooms we can roast as well!"

The three of us started working together in perfect harmony in hopes of making Sesshomaru a nice dinner. Rin picked the mushroom, Jaken skillfully caught fish and I started the fire while sharpening some sticks to skewer the food. I was so lost in my own little world that I had no idea Sesshomaru had returned. His warm hand was placed on my forehead. "Your fever. It's gone."

I dropped the stick I was shaving down, and blushed. "I-uh-I'm not sure what happened. I seemed to have woken up feeling fine. Oh! But master Jaken did say something about powers. Maybe you should ask him what happened while I was asleep." Sesshomaru removed his hand and summoned Jaken. "Y-yes my Lord! As you ordered, the human is still alive and in one piece!" Sesshomaru eyes narrowed. "What happened? How is this human cured of her fever?"

Jaken trembled in fear at his Lords intense gaze. "I have no idea my Lord. As I'm sure you know I was killing demons left and right from all directions! They tried to get me but they were no match! Oh and then the human started to glow like a firefly. It was quite strange. But none the less it seems my fighting skills brought her health back." Sesshomaru gave a blank stare. I could tell he knew the story was bs. "That's not what happened!!!"

Run rushed over with her basket of mushrooms in hand. "Jaken was frozen with fear and seemed to have given up hope! That's when Miss Mayu stood up and walked over to the demons like a warrior ready for battle! She emitted a light so bright it could make you blind! The demons could not even touch her my Lord! After the demons were all destroyed by her light she fainted and returned to normal! When we I checked her, her fever was gone! That is what truly happened!"

Sesshomaru listened to Rin's story intently. A very faint smile appeared on his lips. I basked in its rare appearance, burning the image in my brain. He looked at her like my dad used to look at me...I knew this wasn't home sickness. Whether I went back or not would not change the fact that my father is dead and it was all my fault.

End Of Chapter #9