New Story Sneak Peak-SOASB

Everyone has secrets that they keep

Everyone has secrets that they keep. The town of Darling is full of them, and the townspeople will do anything to prevent them from getting out.  Who knew that a little place could harbor such dark secrets?  Sixteen year old Rae is about to find out that one of them come with a bite.

Hey everyone!

I've been working on my next book, Secrets of a Southern Belle. It is classified as werewolf, but it is not the average werewolf story about mates or anything like that. I'm super excited about it! It's about a girl named Rae that lives in a small town in Georgia and how the townspeople are hiding something. I wish I could explain more, but I don't want to spoil anything. Let me know what you think!(:

*All Rights Reserved. This is property of Hailey Kelly/_haileyyk and may not be copied in any shape or form.*

•••

Sneak peak of Chapter One of SOASB:

••••Everyone has a secret. Some are minuscule and no harm would really be done if they were to get out. Others are more substantial and can do some real damage. Those are the ones that people take to the grave. At a single glance, you wouldn't know that the person you just passed in the grocery store has more skeletons in their closet than you can imagine. That's the beauty of secrets—you don't have to tell. It's like there's an entire part of you hidden away from the rest of the world that you just know.

That's how it is in my small town. Darling, Georgia has a population of 709 people, and every single one of one of them is hiding something. Gossip blows through this town like wildfire, and if a single secret gets out, then everyone knows about it.

Our little town consists of a diner, a grocery store, a small gas station, a sheriff and fire station, a church, and our schools. Sugar's Diner and Darling High School are the highlights of our town, and football is the heart of it all. When it comes to game time, everyone is up in the bleachers cheering the Darling Wolves on. We all bleed black, silver, and blue. When we aren't hanging out at Sugar's or watching football, we are swimming at the creek or getting ready for the annual debutante.

Despite all the secrets, I love my little town and everyone in it, with the exception of Blake Lawson. She's stuck up higher than a light pole, and I, unfortunately, am stuck with the evil cheerleader for two more years. Thankfully, I have Molly and Savannah, or I don't think I could make it.

"Miss Haywood," Mrs. Wilson called, prompting me to look up from my drawing. "It would do you good to pay attention. I expect a future debutante to take an interest in her education."

"Yes ma'am," I replied politely as I put away the notebook I was doodling in.

"Now as I was saying..." Mrs. Wilson's voice faded into the background.

"Maybe if you put all your effort in the debutante as you do in your drawings, then you would actually have a chance against me," Blake snickered from behind me and flipped her blonde hair.