I'm Still Alive

I was still able to keep consciousness, but a sudden wave of tiredness washed over me. My legs felt like lead, and my arms were like weights attached to my body. Whatever magic this hoe had, it was powerful enough to have an effect on Laxus as well.

This was going to be hard.

------

As I woke up, I was overwhelmed by the frigid coldness that surrounded me. Goosebumps littered my skin as I began shaking to keep warm. The freezer-esk room was dimly lit a single skylight, far too high for me to reach to. "Shit"

Slightly jumping at the sudden noise next to me, I saw an aggravated Laxus whom I failed to notice prior. Obviously out of his element, he staggered to stand up. Trying his best to examine the situation he walked about the tiny room to figure out a way to escape. Finally finishing his search he let out a sigh, "Freed, how the hell are we gonna get out of here?"

"I'm not entirely sure, but fear not! I say we stay calm and put together a plan." I tried my best to be the strong one here since Laxus was obviously more disoriented than I was.

" And I say the next man that walks through that door is gonna die." He grumbled.

"Brute force might not be the solution to this one. These wizards know exactly who we are and not to mention they sent someone that defeated us without breaking a sweat. Even though I hate to admit it they have the upper hand right now. " I tried not to sound as scared as I felt but I couldn't help freak out.

After a few futile attempts of breaking down the door and looking for another way out, I began pacing as possible plans raked my mind. Every possible thing that I thought of was absolutely terrible. How were we gonna get out of this mess?

As if hearing my thoughts Laxus spoke up from his spot on the floor.

"Hey what does that look like to you?"

I turned around and saw him pointing at the door.

"It's a door Laxus. The same one we've been trying to pry open since we woke up. I hate to be rude but since we don't know when someone's gonna come back I think we should really focus on serious things"

"Freed look at the door, they weren't so smart about the room they put us in cause there's an electronic lock set on it." A grin was spread across his face as he approached the door. His fingers danced with lightning as he surged his magic through the door, busting it open.

We were going to get out of here.

———————

It's been some time. ;-; sorry for the short chapter but I'm working on it. Feel free to DM me tho! I love talking to y'all. (Seriously DM me T-T)