So You Caused the Cliffhanger

I froze. Someone else was in our room.

I didn't dare breathe, I knew that the person on the other side of the door was aware that I heard Laxus calling me.

Should I open the door, or wait for them to come to me?

It got eerie quiet. Time seemed to slow down around me as the seconds ticked by. One. Two. Three. But every second felt like an hour.

I suddenly heard a shuffling behind the door before the broken pieces of wood came flying at me. "Hello, hello, hello!" A female voice said to me.

In front on me was Mirajane in Satan Soul form keeping hold of a unconscious Laxus by the collar of his purple shirt. I gulped, there was no way that I could defeat her in that form.

"What are you doing here Mira? I don't want any trouble, just put down Laxus and we can put all this behind us." I said, trying to calm her down, but It seems that it did the absolute opposite.

Her nostrils flared and her free hand was held in a fist.

"THE TROUBLE STARTED WHEN YOU TOOK MY LAXUS AWAY FROM ME!" She had officially lost it and I could tell there was no coming back from it.

I kept thinking of different ways to die down the situation, but so far nothing was coming to me. Come on Freed, Laxus is counting on you!

Before I could react, Mirajane flung herself at me with Laxus's body behind her on the ground. "I dodge her attacks easily, but I knew I couldn't be able to keep this up for long.

"Mira, think about what you're doing! Do you think Laxus would want to take you back after thi-" Opps, I should have worded that better, but now I couldn't worry about that.

"He won't take me back as long as you're in the picture!"

"Th-that's not true!"

"You know it's true, so my only option..." Her hand was consumed in black fire. "..Is to take you out myself." She continued with a smirk.

"Say goodbye Free-" She hit the floor, an behind her I saw a sick looking Laxus with a piece of the broken door in his hand.

I dropped to my knees in exhaustion. Damn, I got a real workout with Mira.

Laxus left and sat on the bed. He held his head in his hands as he processed the information. I couldn't blame him, it's kinda crazy to have a psycho after you and all.

I made my way across the room and sat on my luggage since we didn't have a couch. "How's your head?" I said as I stepped over Mira.

"Hmm?" Laxus said, not quite paying attention.

"I said, 'how's your head?'" I repeated.

"Oh, it's uh, fine..." He mumbled.

I sat with my thoughts for a while, and before I knew it half an hour passed.

"Freed?" I was pulled back from my thoughts with the sound of my name. I glanced over to the bed and saw Laxus staring at me.

I could feel the blush creep up my face.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"I-I think I love you."