Teen! Miguel Rivera(Coco) x Reader| First Kiss (INCOMPLETE)

something I never finished from a v long time ago but here is the unfinished version just because why not

Reader: she/they
Pixar's Coco| First Kiss

You and Miguel were hanging out at his place as he showed you how to play songs on the guitar. Every now and then he'd have place your fingers in the correct place to play the right chord(I think it's chord). This went on for hours, days and weeks. You came over everyday of the summer hanging out and helping around the house like giving little baby Soccoro/Coco some company. You did this almost every summer.

Miguel was currently fixing himself up and getting himself together before you came. Things like making sure his hair was okay and he smelt alright. It's been 3 years after the whole incident and after that, it seems like you and him got closer. You were best friends before, but after the whole 'Land of the dead' thing you were able to tell him more about yourself and the same thing for him. You were able to tell him anything now. Miguel heard the doorbell(idk if they have one but they do now) ring. He started to panic and his face grew red. He took deep breaths and looked at himself in the mirror.

"You can do this, Miguel! Y-You're strong, you're brave, and they will totally-...." his confidence along with his smile faded as he realized the endless possibilities of what could happen. "..hate you and leave you forever.." he looked down. He groaned, throwing his head back and arms up in the air. "Dante, what am I gonna do..?!" He whined, at his dog who just sat there happily and barked as he ran his hands stressfully through his hair. The doorbell rung again. Miguel's head perked up along with Dante's ears.

"Miguel!! Can you get the door!? I'm feeding Coco!" He heard his mother call him from the kitchen area. He started to panic some more.

"AH! C-COMING MAMA!" He jogged to the door, heart racing. Not because of running, but because today he was going to tell you his feelings. He swung the door open to reveal you on the phone, about to call him.

Miguel's POV~
When I opened the door, I saw Y/n, looking beautiful like always, their guitar connected to a strap that hung around her shoulder as started to feel sweat and heat around my neck.

"Hey Miguel." She smiled up at me and felt my heart soar. I felt my heart start pounding but I did my best to ignore it.

"H-hola!" He felt my face warm up more. They pulled out a plastic bag from behind them and smiled.

"I brought snacks!" She laughed a bit as I shuffled out of the way to let her in. I closed the door and took a deeper breath before locking it and following Y/n into the kitchen where my Mama and Coco were. I walked in seeing Y/n saying hello to all my family and giving candies they bought from a market somewhere. She finally walked back to me with her guitar in one hand and other snacks the bag in the other.
"So, lets start!" They happily smiled as I felt more overwhelmed.

"O-okay." I stuttered out as I led them to my room. As we walked down the hallway all the possible outcomes flooded through my head about what would happen if I told them my feelings. She could totally hate me, slap me and never talk to me again. Or she would let me down in a kind way, only to just be sorry for me and actually want to do the first idea. They even could possibly-

"Miguel!!" I heard their angelic voice, as I brought my head up and whipped around.

"You passed your room." Y/n held in her laugh. Heat rose to my cheeks as I saw that perfect smile again. "Something wrong?"

"Um I-I was just- thinking." I came up with and excuse so I don't embarrass myself even more. I open the door to my room, letting her in as a gentleman should. After coming in, I shut the door and grabbed my guitar from my closet. I strummed the strings gently, making sure it's in tune. I twisted the brown knobs, plucking a certain string to get the sound that I liked.

Second Person or whatever POV~
You sat down next to Miguel on his bed, swinging your legs off the bed slightly, watching with sparkling eyes. His stuck his tongue out slightly as he turned the little knobs at the top of the guitar. You were in some sort of daze, entranced by the sight.

You always had this sort of attraction to him. Like you wanted to be with him constantly and stay close. You blinked before shaking your head slightly, pulling your guitar and positioning it correctly.

As you practiced to the song of Remember Me, he sang softly to the tune. Whenever you'd mess up, you'd groan as Miguel laughed softly, scooting closer and repositioning your fingers to play the right chord. Every time he did something like that, you'd feel butterflies in your stomach, your heart suddenly start pounding.

Half an hour passed, the both of you now cross cross on the bed, facing each other with light smiles as the soft strumming of both guitars filled the room. You sang quietly, mostly trying to listen to Miguel's voice, making your cheeks heat up a bit. He made sure to keep an eye on your finger placement on the frets, also kinda checking you out and dying inside on how cute you were but that's not the point.

Miguel met eyes with yours with a light smile, nodding to let you know you were doing great. You smiled back, blushing lightly before looking back down at your guitar, changing the chord as you delicately strummed the strings.

they didn't even end up kissing yet lmao short fluff ig 😭