Teen! Miguel Rivera (Coco) x Reader

Art by ureshisanuniverse on instagram ^^^
Yes I'm doing Miguel again, deal with it 😎
I got this idea from @Pidge101 btw (check out her Coco scenarios), and I'm thinking about her request too :) You both are around 16-18 in the beginning.

Pixar's Coco| Plastic Ring

Miguel was strolling down the streets of Santa Cecilia, saying hello to everyone he knew.

"Hola, Miguel!" An older woman waved.

"Hola!" He smiled and waved.

"What's your plan for today?" She asked while sweeping dirt, leaves and other random things.

"Just looking for a gift for my girlfriend." He casually replied, while looking for your favorite cookies out of the multiple cookie bags. He finally found your favorite kind and grabbed the bag and dig in the pocket of his jeans for some change. The lady chuckled.

"Novia(girlfriend), eh? Who's the lucky girl?" She smirked putting the money Miguel had given her in a box.

"Y/n de la Cruz~" he sighed, madly in love.

"Qué?! The murderer's great great granddaughter?! Ay,ay,ay, Miguel! That girl's relative killed your great great grandfather for god's sake!" He shook her head, but smirking and waiting for the answer she wanted to hear.

"Just because she's related to Ernesto, doesn't mean that she's like him too. Y/n's amazing. She cares about everyone and puts their needs before her's! I don't even know how lucky I am to be with her. She doesn't deserve me. She deserves better." Miguel blushed, fiddling with the bag of sweets in his hands. The old woman smiled warmly.

"That's what I want to hear. But Miguel, you are a wonderful young man and she most definitely deserves you, hearing what you told me. Now, dile cuánto la amas( go tell her how much you love her)." Miguel smiled and waved before running off.

"Gracias, señora(Mrs)!" He ran off before saying hello to the other people.

"De nada(you're welcome), Miguel!"

5 minutes later—

As Miguel was starting to get ready to set off to your house, because he was late, he passed by a stand with some candy that caught his eye. It was a ring with the candy as the diamond. He smiled to himself before grabbing your favorite candy flavor and paying the salesman. He said his please and thank you before running off to your house. Every couple seconds he'd check his watch and mumble to himself for being the worst boyfriend in history. Breathless, he finally reached your house and knocked on the door. You casually open it, leaning on the door frame.

"Hola, Miguel!" You smiled.

"Hola, mi princesa(my princess)." Miguel walked up the short steps and held both of your hands.

"Eres tan bonita(you're so beautiful)~" he nuzzled his head in your neck, slouching due to how tall he got. You laughed and ran your fingers through his brown hair.

"Miguel, I'm only wearing some old t-shirt and sweats."

"Tu siempre eres bonita(you're always beautiful).."

Even though you've been dating him for almost a year, you both still get butterflies in your stomachs when one kisses the other or just a simple complement. You sighed, kissed his cheek and pulled him into a hug. Miguel froze with a blush on his cheeks but smiled and hugged back.

"I love you."

"I love you too and don't say that you love me more because that's impossible." Miguel smirked when he pulled away. You laughed and pulled him by the arm while he kicked the door closed.

"I have something for you~" he smiled and showed you the bag of cookies he bought.

"Miguel! No deberías tener(you shouldn't have)!" You slightly pushed his arm and crossed your arms.

"Only for you~" he coed and kissed you on the cheek.

"Thanks." You smiled and held his hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked, worriedly as you played around with his fingers.

"I didn't get you anything." You frowned, tracing shapes on the palm of his hand. He tiled your head up with his hand, cupping your cheek.

"The only gift I need from you is that smile and for you to be happy. As long as you're happy, then I'm happy." He tucked some of your hair behind your ear.

"You know I love you so much, cierto(true)? And that we're still young but I know I love you with all my heart." Miguel started to get off the couch your were sitting on. You slowly nodded confused. He put his hands behind his back while you heard the crunching of some kind of wrapper. Miguel went down on one knee and smiled sheepishly.

"Miguel what are you-"

"Y/n, will you be my girlfriend forever until we're old enough to get married?" He held out the candy, which was open, and held it as if he was proposing. You felt your cheeks get warm as you let out a laugh.

"You are so, cheesy and adorable." You pinched his cheeks and stood up as he did as well. You grabbed him by the collar of his white tank top and kissed him on the lips. Miguel blushed but then relaxed. When you pulled away, you looked up at him and kissed him on the nose.

"Sí, por supuesto (yes, of course)." You held his hands in yours. The smile couldn't leave Miguel's face as he put the candy and plastic ring on your ring finger. You both couldn't help but laugh in the process.

7+ years later—

"Hey, remember when you first proposed to me." You said, playing with one of the rings on your finger.

"What do you mean? That was just last year. And that's why we're both here together. Just the two of us." Miguel smiled, referring to your honeymoon and hugging you closer. You sat up as Miguel followed confused.

"No, not last year. But when we were teenagers." You showed him the plastic ring still in your finger from 7 years back.

"Y-you still have that?" He asked amazed while his heart sped up. "You kept it."

"Yeah..I never took it off..well except when I had to deal with heat, then I took it off so it wouldn't melt." You smiled, thinking of those memories.

"Heh...now I know you loved me more than I thought. But you'll never love me more than I love you!" He got out of bed and carried you out as well. You walked to the sliding door that led to a balcony. You opened the door and stepped out, hearing the waves roar and looked down to see the ocean. Miguel followed and wrapped his arms around your waist, and placed his head on your shoulder.

"Getting used to it yet?" He kissed your neck and walked beside you.

"This really is beautiful." You sighed. Miguel but a hand on top of yours.

"Yeah, but it's not as beautiful as you~" You laughed and rested your head on his arm. "We should probably get ready. Water slides are almost open." Miguel said excitedly about the cruise ship you were on. You grabbed his hand and led him back inside the room.

"Yeah, okay." You kissed him on the nose and grabbed your swimsuit and an over sized shirt to go over it, otherwise known as Miguel's shirt. Walking into the bathroom, you shut the door and took a shower. Miguel sighed and sat down on the bed. He smiled as he played with the wedding ring on his finger.

"I've waited over 7 years, and it was all worth it to marry her."
~~~~~~
I know it's a cliche ending but whatever.