Miguel Rivera (Coco) x Reader pt.1

Requested by @Alyssajj11 ! I hope you like it! There's gonna be another part where it makes more sense! And it's really cheesy at the end, I couldn't think of anything better.

Pixar's Coco| Best Summer Ever pt.1

~Miguel's POV~

"Don't worry, mijo. I'm sure you'll love California." My mamá held my hand while the plane we were riding took off. This was my first time riding an airplane and it was kinda scary if I have to be honest. It was finally summer vacation and we were heading to America for the whole summer. We decided on California 'cause why not?

~time skip~

We landed in L.A around 3:00pm. After we settled down in our hotel room, my sister, my parents and I, went to the beach. I put on some swim trunks and my white tank top. I brought my red jacket, in case it gets cold, and my guitar. When we got to the beach we put a blanket down on the sand for a place to sit. I look my guitar off my back and looked around.

There were a group of girls doing cartwheels and flips. They were all pretty talented but for some reason one of them just caught my attention even more. I don't know but something about was just...different. I felt my cheeks get warmer the longer I stared. I quickly looked away before anyone noticed. My baby sister Angelica(shhh pretend..)giggled and crawled towards the water.

"Espérame(wait for me), Angie(pretend it's a nickname)!" I laughed and ran up to her and picked her up.

"You can't go to the water yet! You need Mamá or Papa to help you! For now, we'll just stay where the wet sand is, okay?" She giggled as I put her down. She got up and waddled toward the group of girls, specifically, the one that got my eye earlier.

"No no no no no no, Angelica!!(ELIZA!! AND  PEGGY)" I tried to catch up to her but she already caught the girl's attention. The girl turned around and saw Angelica. She smiled and crouched down.

"Hi, there! Whats your name?" She smiled and held Angelica's hand. Angelica laughed and smiled big. I finally caught up to her, out of breath.

"Sorry about that. She just ran off." I couldn't help but stare and the girl. She just smiled and stood up.

"That's okay. I'm Y/n. I've never seen you around here. Are you new here?" She put her hand out for me to shake which I gladly did.

"H-hi. I'm Miguel. This is my sister, Angelica. We're from Mexico! We came here for the summer." I picked Angelica up and smiled back.

"Well, welcome to California! I hope to see you around more often. Are you coming back here tomorrow?" She brushed a piece of hair out of face as I felt my cheeks me get warm.

"U-um yeah! I'm pretty sure we'll be here tomorrow." I looked down at my feet. I heard Y/n's name being called. We both looked in the direction of be voices.

"I got to go. But I hope to maybe hangout sometime here when you get a chance."

"Yeah! O-okay!" I did my best to sound confident but it clearly didn't sound convincing. A smile lit up on her face.

"Okay! See ya!" She gave me a cheeky smile and jogged off the to the girls.

"Bye.." I whispered and turned back in the direction of my family.

————-
Your POV:

"I have to agree, he is pretty cute." B/f/n (best friend name) laughed as I felt my cheeks get warm.

"Stop it." I rolled my eyes and laughed, slightly pushing her.

"Okay let's just practice." My other friend f/n (friend name) said joining us. I played our music on my phone which was "The Other Side" from The Greatest Showman(awesome movie btw). We practiced our moves but I felt my eyes drawn somewhere other than my friends. I found myself admiring Miguel while he sang and played his guitar to his laughing little sister. I couldn't hear him very well but just enough to hear his soft voice in tune with his guitar. I got lost listening to his soothing(idk lol) voice.

"Hey, Y/n? You forgot to do a front flip." B/f/n nudged me.

"W-what?" I shook my head getting out of the trace.

"You forgot your part." She said in a 'duh' tone.

"O-oh. Sorry.." I took one more glance at Miguel before turning back to continue my dance.

—-
Miguel's POV~

When my family and I were walking back to the hotel room, I was still thinking about Y/n. Would she really want to hangout with me?

"Miguel." I look at my Papa who put a hand on my shoulder.

" I saw you talking with that girl earlier." My eyes widen and I felt my cheeks get warm.

"O-okay then," I gulped and looked down at my shoes as we walked. After a short while, he talked again.

"You like her don't you, mijo.." He said, quietly. I nodded, still looking down. All he did was smile, pat me on he back and told me,

"Tell her when you're ready." He said and walked back to my Mama to pick up Angelica, who laughed as she was spun around in Papa's arms. I slightly smiled and looked down again. How could I possibly tell her, when I just met her? I thought back to when she said she wanted to hangout. She seemed pretty serious about hanging out but really smiley. That smile? How can I say no?