Miguel Rivera(Coco) x Reader

Requested by @lo123life

I know this isn't the correct dialogue, but oh well.
And prepare for cringe like every other of my fanfics
~~~
Pixar's Coco| Un Poco Loco

"Definitely Remember Me!" Miguel smiled, already playing the chords. Hector snatched the guitar.

"C'mon, Chamaco, that song is too popular." Hector complained while tuning the guitar, gesturing to all the skeletons singing 'Remember Me' in different ways.

"Uhh how 'bout Un Poco Loco?" Miguel sat up. A smile grew on Hector's face as he cheered.

"Epa!! Now that's a song!"

"That's Y/n's favorite song." Miguel smiled as he sighed dreamily.

"Oye, you're drooling, Chamaco. You're gonna smudge your makeup. I worked hard on that, y'know ." Hector recalled, motioning his hand at Miguel's face. Miguel jumped up and touched his mouth, then carefully wiping with the sleeve of his red jacket just in case.

"Am not!" He protested. He looked down with realization and slouched.

"Sorry..."He said, relieved that his makeup covered the blush that's most likely on his cheeks. He heard one of the skeleton men(idk) say that he'd be up on stage in five minutes.

"Who is this Y/n anyways. I hear you mumble her name sometimes. It's kinda creepy." Hector cringed but shook it off.

"Oh, Y/n? She's amazing. She's my best friend. She actually accepts me even thought my family hates music! She understands me and she's the only one who listens to me play. Well other than Dante, but sometimes she just makes me feel really weird inside, like my stomach does flips and-"

"Okay,okay, I get it, you like this Y/n girl." Hector crossed his arms with a smirk on his face.

"N-no I don't! I don't know. M-maybe...but I can't! She's my best friend and I don't wanna ruin our friendship." Miguel put a hand in his hooded neck and looked down.

"De la Cruzcito, you're on in a minute!"

"Oye! We gotta get you prepared, Chamaco! Give me your best grito!" Hector smiled and demonstrated. Miguel tried but all was heard was a high pitched scream with voice cracks.

"Ay, ay, ay!" Miguel sighed with the look of desperation on his face. He wanted so badly to win this contest to prove himself.

"Think of this Y/n girl you keep mentioning! That'll give you confidence!" Hector nudged him as he felt his cheeks get warm.

"Stop it!" Miguel pushed Hector's shoulder as Hector just laughed.

"You should see the look on you face, Chamaco! It's hilarious!" Hector wheezed.

~3 years later~

It was Hector's third time crossing the flower bridge over to the land of the living and he loved it. He loved seeing his great great grandchildren grow. He was happily strolling through the Rivera home when he passed an alleyway outside and saw Miguel talking to a girl(I know it sounds creepy but I couldn't think of anything else). He passed, not paying attention, but then backed up and took a peek.

"I-I know we've been best friends for a long time, a-and I don't wanna ruin our friendship! I would never want to!" Miguel stuttered rubbing his bare arm.

"Miguel, where are you going with this?" Y/n sighed.

"I-I just-" His eyes left the girl and saw Hector standing there, casually listening into their conversation. Ever since Miguel's encounter with the land of the dead, he's been able to see the skeletons in the the land of the living. Hector smiled and motioned him to keep talking. Hector got the hint that Miguel was talking to THE Y/n, the one Miguel told him about 3 years before. Miguel gulped and squeezed his eyes shut.

"I like you!"

"Miguel, we're best friends. Why else would you be my friend if you didn't-"

"No, Y/n. I like, like you. And it took me 3 years to tell you." He slightly laughed.

"Look, I know you probably don't feel the same way, and I know that you probably don't want to be friends anymore but, I just needed to get it out." He sighed, looking down. Y/n smiled.

"I never said I didn't feel the same." Miguel finally slightly looked up, a smile trying to make its way on his face but he was holding it back.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I like you too, bicho raro (weirdo)! Like, like you." Y/n pushed his shoulder in a jokingly way. There was a huge smile on Miguel's face. He swung his arms around Y/n and hugged her.

"I can't believe this is happening right now.." Miguel squealed with his head nuzzled into her neck. She laughed and tilted his head back up.

"You're loco."

"No, I'm Un Poco Loco." He smirked. Y/n burst out and laughter.

"You still remember..."

"I always have." Miguel smiled sheepishly, the single dimple on his cheek showing.

"Race ya to the dining room!" She quickly kissed his cheek and ran for it, leaving a flustered, blushing Miguel.

"Hey!" He ran off but looked back a bit, smiled and waved.

"Bye, Papa Hector!" He turned back towards
Y/n, and picked up his speed.

"Good luck, Chamaco!" Hector waved back smiling.