Chapter Fifty-Nine: Unbreak My Heart

Start from the beginning

"I love you too," said a croaky voice making Elena stare at Robin as he opened his eyes, his hand brushed a stray tear away from her face before he pulled her down into another kiss. 

Robin had no idea what had happened or how long he had been in hospital, he just knew that he had to wake up when he'd hear Elena crying; he hated that she was suffering even more because of him. 

"Elena we have to..." Wayne started walking back into the hospital room, he stared stunned at Robin who smiled at him weakly; he hadn't been expecting this after what the doctor had just said. 

It had barely been ten minutes since they'd been told that Robin wasn't going to wake up and yet here he was; Wayne was suddenly glad that his friend had woken up when he had. 

Everyone had been preparing for the worst and to see Robin awake when the doctors had all given up hope that he would recover from his attempt; it made Wayne want to start going to church a lot more than he currently did. 

"Christ mate... it's good to see you awake," Wayne said looking between Elena and Robin, the Dutchman was holding his wife's hand which was resting over his heart and it seemed that everything was going to be okay with them. 

Wayne grinned before he quickly excused himself to go and alert the doctor that Robin was awake; he couldn't believe it and he was sure that everything would be fine now. 

"You've been in a coma for over a month," Elena revealed making Robin look at her, he watched her for a moment before he rested a hand on the swell of her stomach; his eyes moving down as if wondering if he'd missed anything.

***

After the doctor had checked Robin over and he had been caught up by Wayne about everything that he had missed; Robin wanted nothing more than to spend time with Elena and talk to her. 

Coleen had headed home with Wayne muttering something about making the couple some chicken soup since the hospital food was terrible; the two of them had been the ones to inform the others that Robin was awake since Elena had been distracted. 

Elena watched Robin while she waited for the nurse to leave, she had so many questions and she needed answers before she knew how to move on with their lives; things were going to take time after what had happened. 

"Robin, how could you do such a thing?" Elena asked shaking her head, Robin licked his dry lips as he watched her; he knew that he had been stupid to try and take his own life but at the time he'd seen no other way. 

In his mind, he had just lost everything because of his own fears and Robin hadn't known if there was any point in fixing it with Ewan determined to ruin his life as he was. 

"I thought I'd lost you, Elena asking you for a divorce was the stupidest thing I have ever done. I love you so much and to lose you... I couldn't bear it," Robin explained admiring her, she looked beautiful in her navy maternity twisted top and black trousers and he couldn't stop looking at the bump that she carried. 

Elena swallowed nervously before she moved to fish something out of her black shoulder bag, Robin frowned until he saw her pull out some important looking papers; taking a deep breath, she handed them to him knowing that it had to be done. 

"No," Robin whispered horrified at the divorce papers that she had handed him, he couldn't believe that this was happening; he thought that it'd all be okay now that they were putting the past behind them and that they would be able to move forward.

Elena took a deep breath, she felt horrible for doing this to him now but she needed to know and she didn't want to pretend that nothing had happened; she wanted to know if he did want to get divorced. 

"Robin... I can't carry on with this marriage if you aren't 100% committed to us. I love you and if you want to terminate this marriage then please do it now," Elena whispered vulnerably making Robin stare at her as he realised what this was; it was a test to see if they were both on the same page. 

Shaking his head, Robin tore up the divorce papers without a second thought, the couple stared at each other taking in what was happening; Robin took a deep breath hoping that he had just passed her little test. 

Robin didn't blame her for doing it, not after what had happened and he would do anything to prove himself to her in any way possible; he prayed that they would be able to let this go now. 

"I won't lose you again Elena... I'll spend the rest of my life making what I did right," Robin insisted taking her hand, he ran his thumb back and forth over her hand before she moved to sit on the bed next to him. 

Brushing some hair from Elena's face, Robin pulled her in for a kiss before she took his hand and rested it on her stomach; Robin grinned feeling his daughter kick, he was grateful that Elena was taking him back.

The couple were silent knowing that things would be okay, it was going to take a little time for them to get over what had happened but they were both willing to work on their marriage to make it work. 

"You are what I want... I love you so much Elena," Robin said before he kissed her again; the two of them didn't notice Roxanne and Nemanja slipping into the room wanting to check that the couple were okay after everything that had happened.

"Welcome back Robin," Nemanja greeted making the couple pull apart, he hated to interrupt but he was sure they'd have more time to themselves when Robin was released from hospital. 

The doctor was pleased with his recovery even if he was insisting that Robin remained in hospital for a couple more days, he wanted to ensure that there weren't going to be any unexpected problems when Robin went home. 

Robin offered their friends a small smile, he had no idea how to thank them both for everything that they had done for them; he honestly didn't want to think what would have happened if Nemanja hadn't found him in time. 

"Nice to see you awake Robin... but you do that to Elena again and I swear I'll be the one putting you in hospital," Roxanne threatened lightly making Robin nod as Elena took his hand and gave it a squeeze. 

It had been a rough month and while Roxanne was pleased to see that Robin was awake, she didn't want a repeat of what had happened; she really did hope that the couple would be able to move past what had happened. 

Robin smiled softly at his friends, he didn't blame Roxanne for saying that and he hoped that he would be able to put all of this right when he was allowed to come home and be with his family. 

"Don't worry Rox... I won't be making the same mistake twice," Robin reassured hearing Wayne and Coleen arrive with food from home; his stomach grumbled and he was excited to see what they had brought with them. 

Stepping into the room, Shaqueel and Dina were quick to rush forward and greet their father; they wrapped him up in hugs as Coleen peeked curiously around the room for the divorce papers. 

Coleen wasn't disappointed to find them torn up in the bin and she was glad that Elena and Robin would be okay.