Chapter Seventeen: A Life Changing Day

Robin stared at Bouchra as she linked her fingers with Ewan's and smirked at him from her seat across the table from him; today was the day they learned who would get full custody of their children. 

Elena took Robin's hand making him look at her and smile; he didn't know what he would do without her by his side, she gave his hand a squeeze as the court official walked into the room. 

"I'm Sara Bishop, the court official in charge of your case," the woman said introducing herself while she took her seat, she had come to a decision that she thought was best for the children involved. 

Robin nodded took a deep breath, the sooner that this was over the better; he sighed as Elena listened carefully to what was being said. 

"I have looked over each of your case and we have decided that Mr. van Persie will be granted full custody," Sara continued making Bouchra stare at the court official shocked and outraged at the decision that had been made. 

Robin let out a silent sigh of relief as he glanced at Elena, who squeezed his hand; he knew that the court would have looked into everything before they had made their decision. 

"You will have visitation rights Miss. Elbali, however they will be supervised by Mr. or Mrs. van Persie," Sara explained to Bouchra who stared at her dumbfounded; she had thought that she would have had a greater chance at custody than Robin. 

The official watched as a bitter look filled Bouchra's face, she knew this wasn't an easy result to accept but the court had found that this would be better for the children. 

"It was deemed by us that due to your financial complications, Mr. McDonald's record, you wouldn't be able to look after your children," Sara explained watching the other woman; she knew that the court had made the right decision when it had come to this case. 

Robin and Elena watched as Bouchra allowed the decision to sink in, it was clear that she was devastated by this decision and the two almost felt sorry of her before she glared at them.

Bouchra pushed herself to her feet before she stormed out of the room, Ewan remained seating for a moment as if expecting her to come back in when she had calmed down; he didn't wait long until he too got to his feet and followed after her. 

Robin sighed relieved as he gave Elena's hand a squeeze as his lawyer and Bouchra's talked about access times for when his client could see her children; the couple knew that this was just another step towards building their own family. 

"I'll have Shaqueel and Dina brought straight to you," Sara said to Robin who nodded, the two children had been held in a separate room from their parents and hadn't seen them both since yesterday so that there was no chance of them being used as more of a weapon against anybody else. 

The two were silent for a moment before they turned to one another, they knew that they had been lucky; the court had sided with them and it could have easily gone on the other direction. 

"I told you," Elena teased kissing Robin softly, she had known that no one could deny what a good father he was; he was wonderful with Shaqueel and Dina, they were perfect children and they deserved the best. 

Robin smiled into the kiss, he loved how things were working out and he knew that Bouchra couldn't mess things up for him anymore; she would have to play by his rules instead of her own. 

Elena pulled back from Robin, she brushed her fingers through his hair knowing that they would be heading home soon; she was looking forward to having Shaqueel and Dina home with them and she knew this would make Robin happy.

***

Robin ran a hand through his hair thinking about what his agent was currently telling him, he glanced at his pregnant wife and children; what he was being told would be a new start for all of them.