The Surprise at Raven Point

Me and Hiccup had been looking everywhere and we were bored out of our mind. Hiccup had his little book and drew X's on where we had searched. Finally, he scribbled everything out and became really frustrated. "Oh, the gods hate me. Some people lose their knife or their mug... No, not me, I manage to lose an entire *dragon*?" Hiccup groans. I break out laughing by his reaction. He hits a branch and it lashes back, smacking him in the face. I stop laughing as I see a huge slide pointing to where we need to go. I say, "At least they don't hate you so much, because they're leading us to the dragon." He looks at me and sarcastically replies, "Ha-Ha, very funny." We both followed the slide and it led us to a huge dragon. It was pure black, and it was tied up in Hiccup's net. I almost felt bad for it. Hiccup began showing off again.

Hiccup: Oh, wow... I-I did it! Oh, I did it! This, this fixes everything! *Yes*! I have brought down this mighty beast...! [he places a foot on the Night Fury and it stirs, making him jump back in alarm; he pulls out his small knife and approaches cautiously, looking the dragon in the eyes] [breathing nervously] I'm gonna kill you dragon. I'm gonna... I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father. I'm a Viking. I am a *Viking*! [He takes a deep breath and raises the knife; their eyes meet, the dragon's wide and frightened; Hiccup shakes himself and lifts the knife higher as the dragon goes limp; Hiccup drops his arm, frustrated, and looks from the knife to the dragon]

I couldn't watch my brother, I couldn't watch him kill the dragon. His very first dragonkill, I should be happy. But I'm not, I'm trembling and my hands are covering my eyes. I peek through my fingers because I don't hear the dragon's death screech, like I do at home when they kill a dragon. I see Hiccup's personality from before and it...changed.

Hiccup: [remorseful] I did this...

I look at my brother as he kneels and cuts the rope, freeing the dragon. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then, the dragon got on top of Hiccup and began growling. I reach over to them and my eyes meet with the dragon's. He roars at Hiccup and heads over to me. "Eira, RUN!" shouts Hiccup. I stayed still, caught in the dragon's gaze. It looks at me so sternly, I feel the urge to run. I was frozen, and the dragon grunted and flew off. I caught my breath, slowly as if I was out of air. Hiccup did the same, except that he fell flat on his face.

Me and Hiccup quietly crept behind our Dad, purposely trying to avoid him until, "Hiccup. Eira."

Hiccup & me: Dad! Uh, I have to talk to you, Dad.

Stoick: I need to speak with you too.

We all take deep breaths, then we all speak at once

Stoick: I think it's time you learned to fight dragons.

Hiccup & me: I've decided I don't want to fight dragons.

[then]

Stoick, Hiccup, Me: What?

Stoick: Uh, you go first.

Hiccup: No no, no, *you* go first.

Me: Dad, you go first.

Stoick: All right. You get your wish. Dragon training. You start in the morning, you too Eira.

Hiccup: Oh, man, we should have gone first... Because, I was thinking, you know, we have a surplus of dragon-fighting Vikings, but do we have enough... *bread-making* Vikings, or small home-repair Vikings...?

Hiccup & me: [Dad has just thrust a large battle axe into our hands] I... don't wanna fight dragons.

Stoick: [chuckles] Oh, come on, yes you do.

Hiccup: Rephrase: Dad, I *can't* kill dragons.

Stoick: But you *will* kill dragons!

Me: No, I'm really, very extra sure that we *won't*.

Stoick: It's time, Hiccup...Eira

Hiccup & me: (same time) Can you not *hear* me?

Stoick: This is *serious*, children. When you carry this axe, you carry all of us with you. Which means, you walk like us, you talk like us, and you think like us. No more of... this!

[gestures to all of Us both]

Hiccup & me: [miffed] You just gestured to *all* of me.

Stoick: Deal?

Hiccup: This conversation is feeling very one-sided...

Stoick: *Deal*?

Hiccup & me: [sighs, giving in] Deal.

Me and Hiccup went to bed, it felt kind of weird to sleep in the same room. Especially me, since I've never slept in a bed. I noticed that there was only one bed. Oh no. Hiccup's face flushed, "Well, this is awkward." I looked at him and replied, "Why don't you take the bed, I take the floor." Hiccup insisted that I take the bed, but I wanted to sleep on the floor. Then, Hiccup finally got a clue, "You've never slept in a bed, have you?" I nodded. His face was puzzled for a moment, until an idea popped in his head. "To make you feel comfortable, I'll sleep with you." "Umm..." I looked at the ground. He seemed to notice and without my permission... Put me on the bed. It was comfortable, until he slept right next to me. His body felt so warm, but this all felt wrong. He was my twin brother. I couldn't think anymore, because I fell asleep.