Vikings and Dragons

I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't updated in, a year? Oh jegus, I'm so sorry. I've had lots of school and stuff so, please excuse my absence.

Anyway, here's the part. 

_______________________________________________________________________

        Hiccup and I had started creating our own designs of tails for our dragons. The next day we went to the sea to fish out a few pieces of bait, I even caught a smoked eel, which was disgusting. Later on, we went to Raven's Point and called our dragons. "Nightshade.." "Oh, Tooothlesssss..." we both called out at the same time. The two seemed to be asleep, and woke up to the smell of food. We dropped our baskets, and noticed that they didn't like eel. When they finally started eating, we slipped behind them and tied the fake tail to them. Little did we know that we had triggered a flight. "It's working!" yelled Hiccup as he was lifted into the air and later dropped by Toothless. I lost my grip and fell into the lake. In accomplishment, we both screamed, "Yeah!"

        It was later on that we had to go to training. We were going to face the Hideous Zippleback. It had already released a gas, so it was tricky to find which head lit sparks. I was stuff with Ruffnut and Astrid, Hiccup was stuck with Fishlegs, and Tuffnut was stuck with Snotlout. I could hear Fishlegs mumbling. Later, I got wet, thanks to Snotlout and Tuffnut. "We thought you were adragon, you're butts are getting bigger." laughed Tuffnut. "Not that there's anything wrong with a Dragonese figure.." Snotlout was about to finish, if Astrid hadn't punched him in the face. Ruffnut punched her own brother in the face, and I just watched. I was worried if Hiccup was okay. Suddenly, a tail tripped us three and cleared the air. I could see Hiccup behind us and I sighed in relief. As if on cue, one head showed up. Fishlegs dumped the water on it, only to find ou that it was the wrong one. Hiccup was next and he actually failed to dump it on the right dragon head. The dragon was about to attack when Hiccup "magically" pushed them back. I was the only one who saw the eel on his shoulder. 

        As soon as Hiccup closed the door, he turned around to see the looks on our classmates faces. I only smiled, and he was a little embarrassed at the attention. So he grabbed my hand and walked away with me. We started to create seats to ride our dragons with, and every time we did, we learned something new. Hiccup stopped a Gronckle with a piece of grass. I scratched a Nadder on it's throat. Then, before we knew it, we were the center of attention. We got to the Terrible Terror and he tricked it with the light from his shield. We were nearly caught, but we kept visiting our dragons and tried to help them fly. Or fly oursleves. Once, we got our seat tied to our belts, and nearly got busted by Astrid. 

        We had our first test drive and hoped it worked. Hiccup was having trouble memorizing, so he used a "cheat sheet". We were doing well so far, and Toothless kept hitting rocks. So he hit Hiccup. They went up into the air and before I knew it, Hiccup and Toothless were beyond range from each other. "HICCUP!!" I screamed. He found his way back on Toothless and flew without the sheet. I looked at my dragon, "Come on Nightshade." Nightshade seemed to nod and we followed them. After a few tricks in the air, Hiccup yelled, "Race you to the beach!" I smirked and replied, "You're on!" We flew past rocks and trees, and we tied. "I got here first!" he yelled. "Not by a long shot, I was two feet in front." I responded. "I think you mean two feet behind," he said with a smirk on his face. I punched him playfully on the arm. He smiled, his hair spiked up as he did. A few Terrors quickly joined us while we were eating. Nightshade and Toothless didn't like that. Not. One. Bit. We looked as the Terrors took a few bits of fish from them, only to have their insides blasted. I smiled, "Not so fireproof on the inside huh?" Hiccup smiled, and tossed his fish at them, "Here you go." The Terror took it and laid under him. Hiccup sighed, "Everything we know about you, is wrong."

        We were obviously bored when we got home, as in the stall. Dad came in and we were both really surprised. I tried hard to not be all that dramatic, and I could see that Hiccup was trying to do that too. "Let's talk about that dragon." We looked at each other. "Oh gods, Dad I'm so sorry, I should've told you, but I didn't know how to..." Hiccup's voice trailed off as we heard our father laugh. We laughed nervously. Then Dad said, "You really had me going there, son!" He was pushed into me, and I helped him get up. "All those years of the worst Viking Berk has ever seen. Odin, it was rough. I almost gave up on you. And all the while you were holding out on me!" Those words stung, it stung Hiccup harder. Then, Dad gave him a helmet. "Your mother would have wanted you to have it. It's half of her breastplate." He tapped his own helmet, "Matching set. Keeps her close, you know." His eyes widened as if he barely noticed that I was there. "Umm.. well, Eira.. see you tomorrow."

        It was our last training ring, and it was, Astrid, me, and Hiccup. We were going against the Gronckle, and so I whistled a few sharp tunes in one straight message, Stay away. Hiccup was under every threat Astrid growled. Astrid hid for a few minutes until she popped out screaming. I whistled sharply again, and the Gronckle fell to Hiccup's feet. Astrid, extremely mad, screeched so many curses, it was funny. "Silence! The elder has decided." Gobber put his hook on top of Astrid, the elder shook her head, he pointed down to Hiccup, and she nodded. Loud cheering was heard as they picked him up.  I walked to the hideout and flew Nightshade away, and as I did, I saw Toothless stare at us, as if he wanted to follow us. "Stay here, Hiccup'll come by, I promise."  It wasn't later on until I saw an angry Astrid under the claws of Tootless. Nightshade stared and tilted her head. We flew closer, only to see Hiccup show her what dragons really are. I followed them, but hushed Nightshade so that they wouldn't notice us.

        It worked, until other dragons made signals. Nightshade lost it, and scooted toward the sound. There we met other dragons. I hoped that I wouldn't get... "Eira?" Darn it! I looked over to see Hiccup with a frightened Astrid on top of him. She looked amazed, "You can ride too?" Before I could answer, we dived into a hole, and hid. A Gronckle didn't pour enough food and got eaten himself.  "What, is that?" asked Astrid. "Toothless, get us out of here. Now" Hiccup ordered. I nudged Nightshade to do the same. We barely escaped, and with our lives. Once we reached shore, Astrid was making plans on telling about the Nest. "Come on, let's go tell your dad." Hiccup tensed, "No, not yet, they'll kill Toothless. Astrid we have to think this through, carefully." "Hiccup, we just discovered the Dragon's Nest, the thing we've been searching for since Vikings first sailed here, and you want to keep it a secret? To protect your pet dragon? Are you serious?" Both Hiccup and I responded, "Yes."  She looked surprised, "Okay, what do we do?" Hiccup sighed, "I don't know just give me until tomorrow." Astrid nodded. Then she punched his arm. "That's for kidnapping me." Hiccup looked at the three of us behind him. Then, she kissed his cheek. "That's for everything else." She ran away, and I smirked behind him. He looked at us and got upset and embarrassed, "W-what are you looking at?"

 He looked at us and got upset and embarrassed, "W-what are you looking at?"