Draco laughed and picked her up. "You're much cuter than your actual cat, Crookshanks." 

Harry grimaced. "Crookshanks always looked like he had run into a wall." 

Hermione popped back into her human form, looking highly affronted. Unfortunately, she forgot Draco was still holding her, and the sudden weight threw both of them off, and they landed on the floor. 

Harry was watching them untangle themselves, amused, when suddenly Ron Weasley walked in. 

"If it isn't the Death Eater himself," Ron sneered, looking at Draco. "Pleasure seeing you here." 

Draco, Hermione, and Harry exchanged a glance. Then, they burst out laughing once again. 

" - Weasley - "

" - your face - "

" - possibly think we could be scared - "

" - after all we've been through - "

" - what a joke - "

Ron turned very red and turned to stalk out of the compartment. Suddenly, as if he had been inspired, he turned around. 

"Your girlfriend kisses really well," Ron spat at Draco. 

The trio exchanged a glance again. 

And burst out laughing, again. 

" - had to Scourgify my lips 20 times - "

" - I did that to you once - "

" - did you see 'Mione's face?"

" - looked like she was having a fit - "

" - I think I was, actually - "

Ron turned even redder, if possible, and nearly ran out of the compartment, with Neville trying to follow him, but tripping and falling. 

"Oi, Neville!" Harry jumped up and helped the shaking boy up. "You okay?"

Neville fearfully glanced outside, where Ron was glaring at him. "Y-yes. I need to go."

"Why don't you sit with us, Neville?" Hermione asked. She still had a soft spot for the boy who blew up potions right in front of her face. 

"B-but - " Neville glanced at Ron again. 

"Oh, just sit down, would you?" Draco said. "He's a bloody git, and if you stay with him, you'll be one too." 

Neville's eyes widened. "Okay. I don't want to be a bloody git." 

"Don't scare him, Draco," Hermione admonished him. 

"Are we friends now?" Neville blurted out. 

Hermione glanced at him. "We were always - " she caught herself. "Yeah, of course."

"Does that mean we can sit together for the feast?" Neville asked, biting his lip. 

"We're not going to be there at the feast," Harry said before anyone could stop him. 

"Bloody idiot," Draco muttered under his breath. "Neville, we just don't want you losing other friends by hanging out with us. You know?"

Neville grinned. "That's fine. I'll still sit with you." He suddenly stopped, a worried expression replacing his smile. Hey, anyone seen my toad?"

"Here we go," Harry murmured. 

"Maybe he's in your trunk," Hermione suggested, gesturing towards Neville's battered trunk.