16- The plus one (Part II)

We were dancing with the flow of the music when Rithik suddenly slowed down, looking distraught. I slowed down as well.

“You drive me fuckin' crazy sometimes. On one hand, I want to be this perfect gentleman for our lovely date. On the other hand...” One of his hands slipped under the saree to my bare waist. His fingers made small circles around my navel, stirring me all the way south. His voice grew more sinister as he whispered in my ear. “I want to kiss every part of you while peeling you off that beautiful saree and dig inside you in a way you never experienced in your twenty-one years of life. I don't want to jack off and be done with it. I want to make love to you.”

His hand left my waist to kiss the back of my hand. My body was on fire. I was that affected. His words were all my mind could envision about. I wanted nothing more than to bring my lips to his, and let him have his way with me. I let out an exhale. “You turned me on, asshat.”

He chuckled. The bastard chuckled despite the sexual tension he diffused into the air. “Sorry, I'll turn you off right away.”

“Can you stay at mine tonight?” I peeked at him through my eyelashes.

“I... would rather not.”

“Oh, no problem,” I replied curtly but I could hear my own disappointment from a mile away.

* * *

“You know...” I blurted out without thinking. I shut my traitorous tongue after that but Rithik's curiosity was piqued as he insisted me to continue. “I often think you are wasting time with me when you could be dating a woman just as romantic as you, if not more.”

Rithik swayed behind my back as we danced. It was quite easy to tell him that way. Though it didn't last long as he gracefully spun me around by my waist. His expression was a mixture of irritation and curiosity, I couldn't tell which. “Why you say that?”

“Come on, it's obvious. You are this perfect protagonist from those sappy novels. The kind who would dive into the storm, just to meet his girl. The kind of boyfriend who wouldn't miss an opportunity to make her feel special. You basically ooze out of romance. And me? I'm the complete opposite. I'm unromantic; I cuss like a sailor; I'm hardly sweet and understanding. I may be beautiful and badass but I lack the qualities of a typical, cultural girlfriend. Not to forget the kind of colorful chem- history I share. You deserve to be loved and nurtured, not waste your energy with someone like me.”

Basically, I don't belong to your world.

I looked down, feeling my chest tighten. It hurt saying all of that. I was basically ridding him off. Maybe he wouldn't leave me soon but atleast I got him to think about it. I did great.

“I agree with what you said...” That made me raise my eyes at him, only to find his set in ablaze. We stopped dancing. “But I don't think there's anything wrong with it. What's wrong with being a non- typical, uncultural, unromantic woman? Doesn't she deserve love? What's wrong with a romantic person being with a less romantic one? And what's wrong with a person like me, going for a FWB relationship? Natasha, I don't know what kind of mindset you have built up for dating but you don't need to be a certain character in order to date. I'm sure there are many 'uncultured', 'unromantic' woman out there who are in a relationship. It's not a job where you need a resume.”

His gaze eventually softened as he placed a hand on my cheek, “You're awesome as it is. Infact you're better than many selfish, manipulative, whiny bitches out there. You deserve to be loved, too. Someone who gives you the world. Correct me if I'm wrong but your family isn't very... supportive of you. They don't seem to get you. And if that's the case then you certainly deserve more. You need to see what the world is made of. It's vile and all kinds of disgusting for sure but it's a beautiful place too. You just need to live that side.”