8- The double

“This marks our fourth time,” I told Kunal as we walked our way towards the restaurant that evening. By fourth, I meant the number of sex exclusive encounters we had, obviously not counting the times we did it in total.

“Some lucky bastard I am.” Kunal tugged his collar, acting proud. “Have you noticed? This might be the first time we are walking freely without worry. Excuse me while I take advantage of this.” He winked then surprised me by taking my hand in his. I approved his statement by intertwining my fingers with his.

“Dumbass, did you forget when we went to Hanging garden on my first year? Something about showing off in front of a dorky woman who was chasing after you.”

“Ah, that I remember now.”

Later, while waiting for our order to arrive, Kunal threw some more light on his job and the branch he was going to be transferred in. Apparently he worked as an air host in Air India but his real aim was to work for international flights. He had a massive obsession with traveling around the globe. It wasn't particularly to do with humping English chicks either. He was just curious about the pretty locations and the diversified cultures around the world. He even made a seperate account on Instagram where he accounted his travels through pictures, taken from his camera. The reason he arrived in Mumbai was for his fifteen day training, after which, he would be officially living his dream. He seemed very enthusiastic when he talked about it, like he was shooting for the moon. I was happy for the fella. He had waited long enough.

“What about you, Nat? Do you have a dream or something you wanna aim for?” Kunal had asked with a contended expression on his face but that was when I momentarily froze.

I wonder how it was like to dream? Maybe it was something that made people immensely happy and proud. I chose engineering because I loved mechanics and science. Maybe that my dream. “I'll just land myself in a decent nine to five job after engineering. Who knows maybe I'll get a job overseas, too. You better pay a visit to me then.”

~

“So where's the asshat who dared to compete with me?” Kunal asked, his  eyes swiveling across the swarm of students in the campus. My campus. I didn't know what bug entered inside his non sensible brain but suddenly he wanted to visit my college and get a glimpse of the dick who I claimed as his close competitor.

I admit I was missing Rithik and the way he made me moan his name, but as soon as Kunal replaced his role, I kicked Rithik out of my system. We stopped meeting each other. Completely. And yet, there was one thing that was strange about it all. It was the way our eyes would magically find each other in college, no matter how many people cockblocked between us. Nothing happened beyond that though.

“You see, the man in white shirt and brown pants—” Holy mother, why did he have to look so smoking hot in white? Above that, he's clean shaved. Quick, somebody make him illegal like Omar Borkan. “The one having samosa.”

“Waah, you actually managed to snag a decent dog this time,” Kunal said as he checked him out while I elbowed him, making him whimper. “Shall we proceed, my queen?”

“Sure.” I smirked. Finally, we were talking business. The idea was to pass by Rithik with Kunal glued to my side. It wasn't aimed to get him back or anything. I just wanted to rile him up and make him realize what he was missing out by dry dumping me three weeks ago.

It was barely surprising when half of the girls in the canteen stole a glance at the ponytail hunk besides me. My heart swelled with pride when Kunal circled his arm around my waist, letting everyone know who his lucky bitch was. Take that, you jealous freaks.