1- The exceptionalist

(Before reading this- A small warning. There might be instances where the character might degrade males but plz remember that isn't my view but the character's. So blame it on her but not me lol. You won't know but she might simply be joking in some cases. Are we clear? Ok, read on.)

« NATASHA »

The tip of my pen made a constant tapping sound against my desk as I hit. Tap, tap, tap, it went along with the boring seconds of time. Finally, the phone buzzed in my pocket and I drew out, beneath my desk. I read the message and rolled my eyes. Casting my pen aside, I tapped the screen of my phone instead.

"You haven't even reached
here and you're accusing Me
of getting Late? Just release
your shit if you can't hold it
in but don't rub your sexual
impatience off me.

PS- Ten more minutes."

His reply came a few seconds later.

"When will you ever get your
mind off the gutter, Nat?
I'm accusing you because I
KNOW you'll be late.
Maybe accusing you earlier
will make me wait less. 😉"

"Then I'm afraid I'll have
to break that belief of
yours, just you wait."

"Waiting is all I ever do."

I messaged him, the moment my lecturer finished the roll call. Students surrounded him to ask questions while I brisked my way out of the classroom. I would show him today. I was just near the exit when someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

“Uh, excuse me but can you spare a minute, please?" Akansha, my classmate spoke with a book tugged between her hands.

Oh brother!

*

Boys. There were all sorts of boys around— Assholes, nerds, dicks, prince charming in disguise, rich brats, egoistic brats, workaholics etc. To be honest, I wasn't bothered with the kind of assholes they were, or the amount of money their wallets bore, or whether they spoke Gujarati or Bengali. I simply looped them into one of the three categories—

1- Guys who wanted me.

2- Guys who I wanted.

3- The wanting is mutual baby, also known as, what are we waiting for?

It was for my convenience and mine alone. Without a doubt, the third category was my most favorite while the first one was my least. The second one is frustrating too, but I managed, thinking it was their loss, not mine. Atleast I wasn't like those stuck up chewing gums who forgot the vocabulary meaning of 'no.'

But then, there were guys who didn't fall into any one of these categories. The man I was about to meet, for instance, was one of them.

I carried my legs to a considerable speed, pushing people out of my way as I made my way to the area outside the restaurant. My eyes swept across the place— Multiple tables surrounded by a set of chairs, shaded by a huge white umbrella above. My gaze halted to a man dressed in black shirt and dark blue jeans, sitting at the corner. His black jet hair, rugged chin and lean body only confirmed my suspicions. Upon walking nearer, his big black eyes lifted from his phone to meet mine. A frown formed his features, expressing obvious displeasure.

“Fuck you!”

“I would say fuck me too, but that's not true. Last night was a flop,” I smirked.