12- The chef

[Warning- Long ass chapter ahead.]

*

“Nat!”

I looked up from the table to see Rithik standing on the other side of the cafeteria. He was on his way towards me when another guy greeted him and they started talking. Fuck him, he just had to come between my food again. That too, when I was having my burger. Not to mention my hoes (Khushboo and Ayesha), who were making sneaky faces besides me.

“Aw, so he calls you Nat now. Progress.” Khushboo commented dreamily.

“Oh, Natty, come to Daddy!” Ayesha  cooed along, hugging herself. I pinched them both, earning them a groan.

“Your welcome.” I made a face, followed by another when Rithik arrived. “And how may I welcome you, cockblocker?”

His brows furrowed in amusement. “Woah, someone's having a bit too salt today.”

“Rule number one for being Natasha's boyfriend— don't interrupt her while she eats.” I didn't know whether to strangle Ayesha for mentioning that sick word or thank her for saying the rest. Nonetheless, I took that chance to take another bite.

“I'll... keep that in mind.” Glad to know I wasn't the only one cringing at word ‘boyfriend’. He placed his hand on the table leaning towards me. “Listen, my next class is about to start. I don't have time. I just need a minute to talk.”

“Then talk here or meet me after class.”

He glanced over my friends, passing an awkward smile before facing me. “Can't do neither. Please Nat, just this one minute.”

He insisted, with a puppy eyed look that I found hard to ignore. I glanced at Khushboo and Ayesha, hoping they would get the memo. They didn't. Khushboo added, “Uh, no way, girlfriend. Nobody's leaving this seat.”

I finally left the seat, groaning in annoyance. Suffice to say that my romance with my burger was officially destroyed. Poor burger.

Add to that, I was received with curious looks and wriggled brows from the bitches when I returned to the table. Normally Khushboo and Ayesha wouldn't go as far to mock me. Atleast not before that morning, ten days ago.

When I knocked onto the doorstep of my apartment at five past ten in the morning, I previously thought I'd be alone. Not only Khushboo but Ayesha was also sleeping in the house. Let's just say I managed to boogle out Boo's eyes when she noticed Rithik, instead of the Virat- look-alike they paired me up with. More so, when I told Rithik to sleep in my bed, instead of going home. As much as I loved having the bed to myself, I couldn't let him go in his zoombie state. I recall how he nodded sheepishly, drew out a lousy yawn, unbuckled his belt, before heading straight to my bedroom.

“Later, boo. Kill me later,” I mirrored his yawn and disappeared into my room.

Thankfully, Rithik didn't extend his stay for long. He left around nine (as informed by my friends) while I woke up at twelve. I didn't even want to recall the way I was interrogated by those bitches afterwards. They were under the impression that I was whipped in love. The star struck looks they were throwing was exactly like now. As if Rithik had planned to propose all three of us together.

“He just asked me to stay the night. His parents will be out na.” I told straight away. When they asked if I agreed, I huffed, “Obviously I said no—”

“And why would you—”

“— at first.”

Khushboo raised a brow. “So what changed your mind then?”