Chapter 18 : Face this, and Fight this

[Ron]

I sat on a bench with my head in my head. How in my right mindset could I blame Hermione? I am so, so stupid. She was trying to help me and I in turn burst out with anger on her. I need to find her and go apologize.

Where are you now?

I got up and started looking for her. And that is when I saw her coming. And yes, it looked like she had been crying.

Bloody hell, I am the worst Boyfriend. Ever.

"Hermione, I am sorry."

"No, Ron. I should be the one saying sorry. I shouldn't have discussed about it if you didn't feel comfortable."

"Hermione..."

And with that I reached out to Hermione for a tight hug. My head at the crook of her neck. And now, I was crying.

"I am sorry Hermione. I am sorry. I really am. I just don't know what I am doing. I have been so stressed. And lonely. No one cares about how scared I am. No one. Nightmares, Mione, so many awful nightmares I had. I was horrified. I don't want to go back. I don't want to see any of that again. Please, I beg you."

She rubbed my back and said,

"I know Ron, I know. I am sorry. I wish I could have prevented this. You have been so brave Ron. I am so proud of you Ron. And if it effects you so much, we will do something about it. I promise."

I released her and wiped my tears with the back of my hands.

"I am sorry. This was supposed to be a date and here I am crying. Sorry."

"It is okay, Ron. Let's go somwhere quiet and talk," she said holding my hands.

"Hog's head?"

"Sure. Let's go."

And we were walking again.

Sitting in hog's head, butterbeer in hand, me and Mione were talking.

"Ron..." she put her hand on mine, and started. This time I didn't stop her. She has got the right to say whatever she wants to say. Even if it hurts me.

"Ron, I know how much it hurts you. And going back or not is totally your decision. But just think about why you started. You started because you wanted to be an Auror. You started because you have been fighting evil your whole life. And you want to keep doing that. You and I both know how much you wanted to do this. You yourself know how much you want this. You know you don't want to quit. Not for me not for yourself. You cannot run from this for your whole life."

"I know, Mione. I just can't decide what is wrong and what is right."

"Sometimes it is okay not knowing what you want to do and what you don't."

"Yes, but the idea of seeing you like that is just horrifying."

"I understand Ron. And if it really effects you so much you don't have to go back just to please us. Its up to you. But, just so you know, I love you no matter what. And I really appreciate you doing this for me. But you know, if you face this, and fight this. It will make me even more happier."

We were sitting quietly for a few minutes and I kept thinking about what she said. And then I put my hand on her cheek and went in for a kiss. Finally, after so many days, I felt, relaxed.

"Okay. I'll go back."

She smiled and said,

"I knew you would."

Thank you each and everyone of you for 739 reads and 68 votes. Really, thank you so so so much. I am on the cloud nine now. I love you all so much.