Chapter 12 : Diagon Alley

[Hermione]

Everything is back to normal now so, before going back to Hogwarts, me and Ginny had to make a last minute trip to Diagon Alley. Our letters arrived a bit late as it would have taken a lot of time bring things back to normal, but as usual, our terms will be starting on September 1. Ron and Harry agreed to come and help us. Not that they would be much help. It is now that the reality has started sinking in. I will be leaving Ron.

Mrs. Weasley insisted to stuff us with food before we left. She'll never change, not that I want her to. She's the best.

When we reached Diagon Alley, we went our separate ways, Ron and me together, Harry and Ginny together.

"We will meet at the Leaky Cauldron" Ginny called behind her back at us.

"Okay."

We made a stop at Gringotts first and then we went to Flourish & Blotts.

"So, are you planning to buy only school books?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, just curious."

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Curious?"

"Yes... why, is something wrong with me being curious?"

There was no point in arguing with him over this, so I didn't say anything.

Two hours later, and I had, umm you could say, a, bunch of bags. Ron decided to be a gentleman and carry all the bags himself, with which he was stuggling.

"Ron, I wouldn't get squashed if I would hold a bag."

He chuckled and said, "I know that, but it wouldn't be nice of me if I let you carry the bags yourself, now, would it?"

I smilled at his silly, but successful attempt to make me happy.

"You know that I love you, right?"

He shrugged. I widened my eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know."

"Wait, what? Why?"

"Okay, okay, don't panic! I know you love me."

"No, Ron, why didn't you believe it when I said that I love you?"

"I don't know. I guess, I am stil getting used to the fact that you are my girlfriend."

I simply looked at him.

'I am stil getting used to the fact that you are my girlfriend.'

His voice repeated itself in my head. It sounded just the thing he would say. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"Close your mouth Granger." He merely chuckled.

I glared at him.

"What's so funny about it?"

"Nothing."

I gave him a pointed look.

"Nothing!"

He started running and I started chasing. Very Ron-like.