Chapter 2 : Its Official!

[Ron]

I have to ask Hermione today. I have to. No I can't, what if she says no? I know she said she likes me, but, what if she changed her mind? What if she decided she needed someone better? What if she thinks I won't be a good boyfriend?

"You seem to be deep in thoughts."

I jumped and looked up to see Harry had come and sit beside me.

"Yeah, I... I was thinking."

"Thinking, about what?"

"Um... I was thinking about asking out Hermione."

"Why do you need to ask that, isn't that kind of obvious?"

"Yeah, but what if she dosen't like me, or she if dosen't want to be in a relationship?"

"Rubbish Ron. If she didn't like you, she wouldn't kiss you in the first place, well, would she? She obviously does like you. And she is waiting to be your girlfriend for... I don't know, something like 5 years?"

This gave me much more courage than I initially had.

"Yeah, you are right."

"Good. So, now will you go and do what you were planning to."

I got up grinning at Harry and went to find Hermione. I went inside Ginny's room and found her. She was reading. She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled too and said,

"You can't live without reading, can you?" I ask, sitting down.

"No, of course I cannot live without reading."

I take her hands in mine.

"Mione?"

"Yeah?"

"I... wanted to ask you something."

Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"Yes?"

"You are probably going to refuse," the sentence escapes my mouth before I can process what I am saying.

After pausing for a moment, she said,

"That's for me to decide, you know."

"Ok, so don't blame me afterwards. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I said this loud enough so only I could hear it.

"What?"

She is going to refuse, I know it. I take a deep breath. Nevertheless, I can't back off now.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She looked overwhelmed with joy at hearing this. Hah... she isn't mad. She got up smiling.

"Of course I will be. Why on the earth will I wouldn't want to be? I love you so much," and she hugged me.

"No, but, honestly why did you think I wouldn't want to be?"

"I don't know?"

She gave me apointed look, before she questioned me again.

"What's bothering you Ron?"

I replied a bit too quickly.

"Nothing."

"Ron..."

"Nothing!"

"C'mon Ron, don't even try to lie to me."

"Why?"

"Because we both know you are going to fail miserably," she stated the obvious.

"Hmph..."

"Now, I think I asked you something."

"And?"

"And, you are going to answer me. Right now."

Her face was inches away from mine, and she looked too demanding for her own good right now.

I took a deep breath.

"All right, Because... beacause I think I am not good enough for you," I answered honestly about my insecurity.

Hurt flashed through her eyes, informing that I have screwed up.

"And may I know what exactly makes you say that?" She asked, her voice strained.

"Mione don't-"

"Answer me, Ron."

"Ah, I don't know! Maybe I am no good enough?" I sound stupid even to myself.

Because you are stupid.

She took a deep breath.

"Ron, I don't know what made you say this, but there is something that I would like to tell you. I don't care if you think you are good enough for me or not. Because let me tell you, you are the best. I don't care, about anything, I will always chose you. Over, and over again. It has been, and always will be that way."

"Really?"

"Really."

"I love you, I seriously do."

"I know."

"And in the future I expect you to trust me."

"Of course," I grinned.

Please comment and vote for my story. Thank you for reading.