Chapter 4 : Its happened!

1 Week Later

[Ron]

Hermione has been urging me from the past week to tell Mom about our relationship.

"We can't hide it from her, she will no sooner or later," is what she says.

"I don't understand why you are afraid to tell Mrs. Weasley. Its obvious that you both love each other, even though you both are trying to hide it from what seems like forever. I wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Weasley would have guessed this already," is what Harry says.

Huh... they both don't know how hard it actually is to just tell her. As coward and unlike gryffindor as this sounds, I don't have the guts to. The only ones to know about our relationship are Harry, Ginny, Bill, Luna and Neville.

"Ron, if there is something that is bothering you then please do tell me."

Well, how am I supposed to tell her this? But then the memory of the day asked her to be my girlfriend flashed before my eyes and I remebered how hurt she looked. This led me to the conclusion that I shouldn't hide anything from her and then I decided that I should tell her.

"Hermione, I... me... I don't think anyone is ready for any news right now, so close to Fred's death."

There, its out in the open now. I don't know how she is going to react.

"I understand that," she said looking sympathetic, "I really do. But, how long are you going to avoid it Ronald?"

Okay, that hit hard.

"I, me... alright, alright, I-I will tell her."

I agreed reluctantly. Why did I agree? I hate myself. But I think, at least this would make Hermione happy. We got to the kitchen to find Mum cooking there.

"Mrs. Weasley? Ron needs to tell you something."

Hermione said quickly and scurried off to join Ginny, George and Harry around the dinner table. Ginny winked at me and and Harry gave me a thumbs-up. George looked confused.

"Mum, Hermione and I- we're seeing each other," I blurt out quietly, which I do to avoid George hearing. Why? I don't know. Talk to my brain, he is the one who is responsible.

Mum took a few seconds to process what I said, but then she burst into tears immediately, and says to George,

"Its happened!"

He still looks confused.

"I need to make some calls with Dad's fellytone thing," she said urgently between sobs.

"Auntie Muriel owes me eight galleons, Kingsley owes me ten, Charlie owes five..." she ran for the phone, pausing to tell Hermione,
"I'm so happy this happened!"

George understood what is happening and says,

"I am going to Diagon Alley. Hagrid is going to be pleased. Fred, I hope you are watching."

Please vote and comment.