Chapter 17 : No one understands

[Ron]

Today me and Harry are going to visit Ginny and Hermione. And I know why Harry requested me to stay until we go and meet them. He must have told Hermione about what happened. Though, I told him not to. And even if I ask him, he lies to me about it. Now, anyhow she will convince me to stay. She always does that. But this time, I won't let her do that. I'll have to stay adamant. But she makes it hard, since she is so demanding. Not in a bad way. These are her qaulities for which I like her.

Two hours later, me and Hermione are walking in Hogsmeade. And I expect her to bombard me with things like, 'you can't leave,' or 'it's your dream job.' But she hasn't even mentioned it. Although, I don't want her to say those things, but, I wonder, did Harry really not tell her?

Strange.

Is she really oblovious to it? Should I tell her? I mean, she deserves to know, but, I know how she is going to react.

"Ron?"

"Yeah?"

"Is there anything you want to tell me?"

This makes me think she knows. The fact is, there is no point in trying to lie to her. It is just useless. In the end, she'll always know. So, I decide to save time, energy and an arguement and tell her.

"I believe you know."

"I do, actually."

"Hermione, just, can't we leave it?"

"Not untill I am done hearing you, and not untill you hear me out."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please?"

"Nope."

"Please!" I said, frustated this time.

"We are fighting again, Ron."

"You are not going to drop it?"

"No."

"Fine."

And then I launched into the story of the boggart turning into her, being tortured.

"I expected to see spiders, but like you know, I saw you. Being tortured. By none other than Bellatrix Lestrange."

"Yeah."

"Yeah? You don't understand Hermione. You don't. No one does. No one knows how hard it is for me, how hard it is for me Hermione. No one understands. Not even you, not even Harry. No one, I repeat, no one."

I lashed out. I lost control. I know it wasn't her fault I am such a coward, but the anger that was boiling inside me had got the best of me. And much to my horror, my victim is Hermione.

"You all just expect me to move on with it. But no one understands it haunts me as much as it haunts you. All of you just expect me to be as good as my brothers, or as good as Harry. I am sorry but I am not like them. Okay? I am not."

And with that I turned and walked away, outraged. With whom? I don't know.