Chapter 13 : Parting ways

[Ron]

Ginny and Hermione were leaving today. To say that I was sad, was to say the least. I was, Devasted. Horrified. Terrified. Scared. It didn't help much that I will have to deal with my own training too.

"Hermione?"

"Yes?"

"Done with your packing?"

"Yes."

"So, before we leave, can we go to my room?"

"I was hoping you would ask that."

And then we went upstairs. As she closed the door behind her, I pulled her toward myself. We were looking deep in each other's eyes.

"Hermione."

"Ron."

And then I leaned in to kiss her. A very slow, calm and long kiss. As if we will never be able to kiss each other again.

"It is going to be hard to live there without you and Harry. I have never been there without you two."

"I know Hermione. I am going to miss you too. We have always been together. It has always been the three of us. Its hard to say goodbye. Be brave Mione."

"Yeah, this will be over soon, just one year and we will be back together."

"Yeah"

"You will come to meet me? Won't you?"

"Of course."

"I'll miss you Ron."

"I'll miss you too Hermione."

"Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Harry, all of you come down, we need to leave, otherwise you'll be late." Mum called.

"Coming."

"Mione?"

"Yes?"

"One last kiss? Please."

We reached King's Cross. Everyone said goodbyes to each other, and at last I went to Hermione.

"You'll write to me?"

"Everyday."

She grinned.

"Say hello to everyone from my side."

"Don't worry, I will."

"I don't want to spend this moment crying. Let's be happy and cherish this momment. Its not like we are getting separated forever, its just a matter of an year."