Chapter 1 : The Time of Sorrow

[Ron]

I woke up and found myself in my four poster in the Gryffindor dormitory. Memories of the war of yesterday fill my mind. Fred, Lupin, Tonks. A sigh escapes my mouth. Hermione is asleep, lookin' cute as always, I think we fell asleep talking yesterday. Thanks to the dreamless potion, I had a sound sleep. I am so tired, I don't want to get up. But I know, eventually I will have to. The only thing good that this war has brought is that me and Hermione finally kissed. I found myself grinning at this thought as I think about yesterday. Slowly Hermione gets up.

"Good morning," I said smiling.

"Good morning," she mumbled sleepily. Bloody Hell, she's so cute! I kissed her cheek. Which I think took her by surprise, but she smiled nonetheless.

The conversation slowly steered towards Fred and the war after which a comfortable silence followed in which both cried.

Some time later

We all get ready and assemble at the Great Hall to leave. We will follow through Fred's funeral.

Where is Harry? I haven't seen him for ages. Nor can I find Hermione as well. Where are they?

As minutes pass by, I see them come to the Great Hall. Finally. I go and pull them both into a bone crushing hug. They hug me back. We stay like that for a few moments and they break apart. I grin at them, and they grin back. Then Hermione stays with me and Harry goes and give Ginny a quick hug.

"Ok, so Harry, Hermione, and everyone else, are we ready to leave?"

"Mrs. Weasley, actually, I was thinking that I will stay here and help." Harry says. I blinked.

What is he saying?

"Yeah, me too."

I blinked again.

What is she saying?

"Why?" Mum asks them.

"We... don't want to disturb you."

What are they saying? Have lost their minds?

However, before I can respond, Mum says

"Disturb us? What rubbish. You're coming with us."

"But-"

"Whether you like it or not."

"Actually..."

"You heard Mum, you're staying with us." Ginny and I say together.
But this time, they don't argue back. Smart of them. Because no matter what I won't let them.