Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Natalie's POV:

"Ugh! Just stop! Okay? I'm fine! It's just a freaking cut!" This is so frustrating! Everyone was babying me when all I wanted was to be left alone.

"Natalie, you're being stubborn! This is not a cut! You can barely walk on it and it's turning purple!" Sammie yelled at me while Seth stood there nodding his head.

"Nat, let me take you to the doctors, please?" he pleaded.

"No. I'm fine, it isn't hurting that bad anymore anyways." I tried to stand up to prove my point, but I failed miserably. Right when I put pressure on my foot, a wave of pain shot up my leg. I gasped and let myself flop back on onto my favorite cream colored couch. I could just sit on it all day long. I loved being in our apartment. it was so perfect and beautiful and cozy...

"Yeah, you are definitely not fine. Get up," Seth lightly grabbed my wrists and pulled me up, snapping me out of my trance. He threw one of my arms around his neck and Sammie did the same.

"Guys--" I began, but was quickly cut off.

"If you are about to start bitching about not wanting to go to the doctor again, shut up right now before I break your other foot." Sammie snapped. This is why I loved her, she says stuff like that and I know she doesn't mean it in a bad way like most might. We've been friends since culinary school. We were the two girls that everyone envied for our talents. Both of us being only 19 years old and already working as chefs in a 5-star restaurant was big. People called us prodigies, which I thought was a bit extreme, but we could make some pretty mean dishes. Our natural cooking talents aren't the only thing we were envied for. Sammie was gorgeous. I mean like drop-dead beautiful. She was tall like me with a lean body and long legs. She had beautiful wavy blond hair that she kept in a bob cut that came to the middle of her neck. Her eyes were the most clear blue I have ever seen, and she dressed like a queen. (A/N: I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!) She was wearing a pair of ripped denim short-shorts with an orange and white striped sleeveless, collared button-up. She matched it with some stringy black sandals and a little, gold necklace. We both loved to shop and go to the spa together, and we could definitely afford it since we worked at the best Italian restaurant in London (my own opinion). I thought she was much, much prettier than me, but people saw we're both equally beautiful and we were often mistaken for models (weird, huh?).

"No, I was gonna say I should put some real clothes on first..." I replied, looking down at the baggy sweatpants and ripped t-shirt I was wearing. Definitely not attractive at all.

"Oh yeah, I'm am definitely not letting you leave the house like that," Sammie mumbled, noticing my outfit. I heard Seth sigh as he rolled his eyes, redirecting us to my walk-in closet.

"Just please hurry? I'll go call the doctor so they know we're coming," Seth said as he left the room.

I just sat there and let Sammie work her magic.

By the time she helped me get ready, I was wearing my flowing, salmon-colored floral tank top, my favorite pair of denim shorts, matching white flip-flops (I couldn't wear anything else shoes because my foot was starting to swell up) and my white purse. I quickly limped to my vanity and put on light make-up and let my hair down. I brushed it and left it in it's natural state. I grabbed my sunglasses, phone, and wallet off my bedside table and hopped to the living room with Sammie at my side.

"It's about time! Leggo!" Seth said enthusiastically as he came to my other side. Seth and I made our way to Seth's car and Sammie went to her own, she had her shift in an hour and needed to get ready. I was so thankful that Luigi had given me a week off because of my foot, because every time I even think about that restaurant, I see those beautiful green eyes in my head...