connor murphy tries and fails

October 8, 2017

Dear Connor Murphy,

This is kind of really dumb but Evan said it might help so... yeah.

Connor sighed and crumpled up the paper he was writing on, throwing it in the trash. He started to wonder how Evan did this all the time. Grabbing another piece of paper, he tried again.

Dear Connor Murphy,

today is going to be a good day, and here's why, because you have Evan. Doesn't seem like he's enough to reason to keep going but it's funny how one friend can make you feel. He's been really helpful. He's actually been really really nice. Well, he always is but you get the point. Maybe today you can try to be happier. After getting grounded for two more days, it doesn't really seem possible, but it doesn't hurt to try. Does it? Whatever.

Sincerely, me

Connor threw the letter in the trash along with the others he had tried to do. He wondered if these letters would actually work. Evan had terrible anxiety and if he's doing these letters, they don't seem to be helping. Still, Connor had no choice but to trust Evan. At least he actually went to therapy, while Connor didn't. He had always avoided therapists, because he really hated sharing his feelings, especially to a stranger. He always thought it was kind of dumb. Maybe that could change.