anger

September 7, 2017

"Hey, no one's signed your cast," Connor said while they both waited in the computer lab for Evan to finish printing out an assignment. Evan looked down at his cast hesitantly.

"Uh yeah, I-I know." They both sat in awkward silence for a second before Connor spoke up again.

"Well, I'll sign it," he replied. Evan took out the sharpie he had put in his pocket that morning and handed it to Connor. By the time that Connor's name was on Evan's cast in big bold letters, the paper they were both waiting to be printed was waiting there to be picked up.

Evan picked up the paper and tried to put it in his bag, but his hands were so shaky that it just ended up falling. Evan tried to run after it, but Connor had picked it up for him before he got the chance. Evan suddenly felt a lot of tension.

Connor was reading the fucking paper and now there was nothing Evan could do about it. There was suddenly a shift in Connor's expression and Evan knew that this couldn't be good. They made eye contact, though to be honest, it felt more like Connor was forcing his glare onto Evan. The rage in Connor's eyes was more than obvious to Evan.

He looked... Betrayed. Connor took one last look at the paper before shoving it right into Evan, startling the boy.

Then he just ran.

Nothing said. Evan expected Connor to yell or push him or something, but now he just felt bad. Evan was confused but disappointed. Not surprised though.

He knew it would happen eventually. Maybe it was for the best that Connor gave up on him before either of them got too attached.