catch me i'm falling

August 31, 2017

It would be fast and easy.

Everyone would forget about him and no one would have to deal with him. Most importantly, he wouldn't have to deal with everyone.

Evan Hansen. That boy who everyone ignores and forgot existed. The one who was about to die and wouldn't even make a sound in the process.

He liked to believe that was the way he preferred it, but in all honesty, all he really cared about was jumping off of this tree and ending it all. He took a deep breath and stood up on the branch he was comfortably sitting on, and the branch he would soon fall from.

Then, Evan was shaking. He was panicking. No matter how much his life sucked, he was still scared of any kind of pain.

The view below him was beautiful when you were thinking about how pretty all the trees are but terrifying when you were thinking about how much it would hurt to fall down from that height. He was starting to wonder if this was a mistake. He was practically having a panic attack on that little branch.

The thought that he would probably end up falling anyways because of how much he was shaking and panicking only made the shaking and panicking worse. Then, suddenly, Evan heard his name being called. He almost fell off the tree right then and there, but luckily caught himself just in time.

He looked down to see who was calling his name and saw a lanky boy dressed in all black with long brown hair. It took Evan a second to realize who he was looking at.

Connor Murphy. That guy who no one payed attention to since second grade because he threw a printer at his teacher and hasn't stopped being violent since. It seemed as if he had no emotions other than anger and annoyance.

He was that guy that didn't care about anyone or their feelings. And even if he did, Evan was sure he would never let it show. So what was he doing here, concerned about some random fidgety kid who no one payed attention to and who had no meaning in life whatsoever?

Evan didn't want to think about that. He didn't want to think about anything right now. If he was being honest, all he really wanted was to end it all, but he tried and that didn't get him anywhere except stuck in a tree all because he was too scared to die.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Connor's voice startled him out of his thoughts. Evan looked at Connor. And Connor looked back. At this point Evan was wondering what he was supposed to do in this situation.

Soon, he was overthinking it like always and started to panic. He tried to control his breathing and failed. He wasn't paying attention to anything except the thoughts that were driving him insane, which scared him, but there was nothing he could do now.

He faintly heard a voice screaming from the distance but ignored it. He wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him at all.

Eventually the panic was too much. Evan felt himself fall and saw nothing but darkness.