♣ Chapter 28 ♣

Hey, guys! I am SO sorry for the delay. I had some things to sort out in addition to the inactivity of my internet connection, but I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

 I had some things to sort out in addition to the inactivity of my internet connection, but I hope that you enjoy this chapter

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

___________________________________

          Greg sits in the front passenger's seat, glaring at Oliver and me while pointing the gun at Chloe. After explaining everything to him, Greg's fury only grows larger; it's surprising how he hasn't shot me as yet. The immense anger in his eyes, as he glowers, looks as though he would set all of us on fire for endangering his sister.

          "You messed up big time, Rowling – Augustine –whatever your name is," he growls. "I told you that if found out that you broke her heart, I would cut you into a million pieces. Remember that?"

          I let out a shaky breath, nodding slowly. "I remember."

         "You put my sister's life at risk! What the hell were you thinking, letting her stay in a house with that...murderer? He could have hurt her, or worse!" he exclaims.

          "I think kidnapping counts as worse," Chloe states.

          I shoot her a death glare and she clamps her mouth shut while cowering under the scrutinizing glare of Greg.

          Looking back at Greg, I smile weakly. "Look, it was never my intention to endanger her at all. At some point, James must have found his way out of the attic and found a way to get to her," I try to explain.

          "How did he even know she was there in the first place?" Greg asks. "If he was always locked in there, there's no possible way he could have known Megan was visiting."

          Oliver taps my shoulder. "Vince, remember I told you about the time she bumped into me in the library?" he asks. I nod in reply. "She said someone had spoken to her and she'd seen them. Do you think that it could have him? And since then, he'd was roaming freely in the mansion?"