♣ Chapter 6 ♣

Calling all psychos!

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, but it's finally good to be back! Time turn on the stove and heat things up (and possibly burn the place down!).

Are you ready for this chapter? Then let's get on with it!
____________________________________

Are you ready for this chapter? Then let's get on with it!____________________________________

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

          The next morning, a knock on the door startles me as I brush my hair in front of the mirror.

          "Is it okay for me to come in?" Vincent asks from the other side.

          "This is your house, you know. You can enter and leave when you like," I refresh his memory.

          He laughs, clearly amused by my statement. "But you're my guest and you're a woman. It would be callous of me to just barge in like that."

          I walk over to the door, opening it to see his tall figure dressed in a black suit.

          "Off to your meeting already?" I ask, looking him up and down. His blond hair is slicked back, but one persistent stand dangles in front of his face; apparently, he doesn't mind.

          "What? Oh, no," he rubs the back of his neck. "I just have a...uh...errand I need to run. I'll be back in an hour or so. Just wanted to let you know before you think I ran off and left you here." He gives a weak smile.

          "Oh, okay then. Well, I'll just start packing my things and I'll call a cab to take me home."

          His brows come together, "You're leaving today? Already?"

          I nod in response. "You say that like I shouldn't be."

          "But I wanted you to spend a few more days with me."

          I sigh. "To be honest, I just don't feel comfortable being out of my house for too long," I reply, worry filling my voice. "Besides, as it is, I've been here long enough."

          "I'm sure everything's okay. Besides, your brother and best friend are there keeping everything in ship shape, remember?"

          Sighing, I wonder if Vincent is right about this. Who knows? Maybe he is, and maybe I'm just being paranoid because I'm in a strange man's house. Yes, I've been enjoying my stay so far, although some things seem a bit strange and uncomfortable, but...maybe he's right.

          "I'm sorry. I must sound very insecure, huh?" I ask, pouting.

          "No, don't be ridiculous. It's okay to worry sometimes. I worry about what's the next big thing for my company, and being the CEO...that's some huge shoes to fill." He cups the left side of my face and my heart suddenly starts to rapidly thump. His touch has a tingling effect on my body, almost causing me to swoon, but I come to my senses before I pass out in front of him.