Chapter 9

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I hid in the small place under the sofa, slightly peeking out and watching the scene unfold.

Ink brought Gradient here, and he and PaperJam were practicing creating things, but got engaged in a paint fight. Soon enough, the fight spread and everyone got engaged. And right now, I'm hiding because they are using permanent paint that is not good for skin. I wonder how long it will take to wipe the paint off all the skeles.

Gradient is older than PJ, for now, he should know better. I rolled my eyes.

"Hii" Startled, I hit my head on the sofa. Sharply turning around, I glared at Nightmare, who smiled cheekily while holding Dream in his arms. I won't blame him, I too am holding Dance in my arms.

"What?" I asked.

"Isn't it getting....... Uncomfortable?" He asked, shifting a bit.

"Now that you mention it, yeah" I shifted too. Suddenly, Nightmare teleported us to the top of my mansion.

"Better?" He let out a relieved sigh, shifting his hold on Dream.

"Better" I held Dance so he could see the view of my forest like garden.

"When do you think they'll stop?" He asked.

"Tibia honest, I have no idea" I shrugged, "but whenever they will, I'll make sure they have a bad time cleaning their mess" I growled a bit.

"......." Nightmare spared me a look.

"What's wrong? You look like you want to say something" I said.

"I........uhhh......umm....i-i.... I-its...n-noo....i-its....its about that glitch" Nightmare finally sighed. I gave him a sideways glance.

"What about them?" I asked him, interested in what he has to say.

"They.... He is called Mega" Nightmare looked up.

"And?" I raised an eyebrow.

"And? Well, you'll find out yourself, I can't tell you, after all, we have plans that we don't want to ruin" Nightmare gave me a playful look.

"Rrriiiigghtt. So, what is the name of that hacker?" I asked him.

"I dunno, we just call her Hacker. She never told us, and we never asked, there is no need for that either way. We are just allies, not friends" Nightmare explained.

"Oookkayyy, hey, everything's quite, think they are done?" I asked him.

"Maybe, shall we check it out?" Nightmare held out his gooey hand.

"Sure" I smiled and took it. We were teleported to the mess which I used to call a hall. I looked around seeing everyone lying on each other. I couched.

"Get up you lazy bones!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. They all squealed and stood up in a quick move.

"I want this mess" I pointed at the room "and this mess" I pointed to the colour filled skeletons, "cleaned in two hours. No more, no less" I ordered.

"Yes ma'am!" They all saluted, and Error let out an additional growl. I took Nightmare's arm, and dragged him to my bedroom, he being the idiot he is, followed me without struggle. What I didn't notice was the others. All of their eyes turned hollow and black like an abyss.

"Don't get goo on anything" I told him as I shut the door.

"Okay" he said and placed Dream down. The little prince curled up cutely. I placed Dance beside him. He looked up at me with bug eyes.

"Awwe, my baby, you're so cute" I scooped him up and hugged him, lightly, so he won't be squished.

"You love them, don't you?" N asked.

"Yep, all of them, even those idiots" I smiled cutely.

"(Y/n)?" N hesitated a bit.

"Ask away whatever it is you have in mind" I looked at him with a small smile.

"H-how do you-?" N looked shocked.

"Come on, I know you well enough, you should know that by now" I rolled my eyes, "now, say, what is it you have in your mind" I tilted my head at him.

"I... How does love feels like?" He asked looking away, a faint sea green blush appeared in his face. I smiled big.

"In love with someone?" I asked, a mischievous glint in my eyes.

"N-no, its just that.... I'm curious, I just want to know" he fiddled with his fingers. I patted his back and placed Dance beside Dream and flopped on my side of bed, just beside the two kids, and wrapped an arm around them loosely.

"It feels like an intense hit of joy. Love fills you with intense, overwhelmingly happy emotions, leaving you feeling like one giant dose of joy just hit you straight in the brain. And honestly, when you love someone, you are always ready to do anything for them, no matter what" I explained, peeking deep in my heart.

"Oh..." A rueful smile crossed N's face, and I know why.

"Don't worry Night, even if you can't feel happiness, I'm sure you can feel love. And if you don't believe that, then just know I love you, you're my bestie. And I'm pretty sure that's enough for both of us" I told him, hearing a snap outside my door, but I chose to ignore it. A true smile crossed N's face as he looked at me.

"Thanks" he smiled.

"No probs" I yawned.

Author's P.O.V.: (Nyeh heh heh)

The young girl fell asleep, her arm draped over the two kids. Nightmare watched her with half lidded eyes. He smiled genuinely. He had earlier felt a bubbly feeling inside him when she said that. He wondered if that was compassion.

He laid down on his side, the other e of the kids, and draped his gooey arm around the kids, and watched the young girl sleep, a gentle smile present on her face.

He suddenly felt regret. He thought of how he had been the reason of her death in one of the previous reincarnation. Even though, she had forgiven him, he never had been able to forgive himself, and he knew the (h/c) haired girl was aware of this, but didn't mentioned it.

He was the reason she lose her powers in the previous reincarnation. And even he is not aware where her powers are stored, her magic.... It was something he always loved, the colour of her magic and its nature never ceased to amaze him. But now, she is a normal human, and its his fault.

The prince sighed as he remembered how he lost control and killed her. He always wonder how she can be so forgiving, then again, he had never been able to understand him. The thing is, she had forgiven him, and now, he just want to forgive himself, but it seems impossible.

Lost in thought, the prince fell asleep before he knew it.

To be continued....
____________

Nyeh heh heh
Humans, it is I, the Author Chan, anyways, just wanted to tell you guys, the ask box for this chapter is open~

But only for this chapter.