Chapter 8

TRIGGER WARNING TRIGGER WARNING *SELF HARM*

Mark's POV - We went back to the wake and sat through it. Some of Dad's military buddies were there and said a few things. We'd all be back in the morning for the actual funeral, so we all went and ate some of the food and talked before the viewing was over. So far, I haven't cried. I just feel.. empty, now that it was time to actually lay Dad to rest. I've felt like shit still, though... Dad was right.. I was always happiest when I talked with Jack or recorded with him... He seemed to add something to my life that was missing. He was almost never angry and was good at listening to my problems. Like right now.. he flew so many hours out to come be there for me.. And I made him feel like it wasn't worth it.. Like, HE wasn't worth it... he's done so much for Mom and me, and I couldn't thank him enough. But, here I am.. fucking things up again. Like with Dad. My own father almost died thinking I hated him. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why am I such a screw up? I ruined my last relationship and I am starting to ruin this, hopefully it is anyway, relationship too. I touched my bicep first, then rubbed my hand on thighs where I knew the scars were, and my heart ached. I knew I shouldn't, but I wanted to again... I swept that thought from my mind as the new one I had barely healed enough to take the bandage off. "I don't need that. I have Jack," I thought. I kept it to myself, and not a soul knew. Amy and I have only had sex twice, but each time, I kept my shirt and boxers on. I wanted to cry then about feeling the need to do it but held them back. I have been doing it on and off since I was about 18 or so. I knew it wasn't healthy or safe, but when I accidentally cut myself at my part-time job, it felt... relieving. I was having problems with my first girlfriend heading into college, and I didn't know how to express it. I felt so alone. It was such a toxic relationship, and with the stress of college life, I felt so clouded. Dad and I were close, but he wasn't the type to talk about feelings. Since Dad was disabled it was hard for him to work, so Mom was gone most of the time. I also didn't want to worry her because she had enough on her plate to deal with. I stopped for awhile though when I started YouTube, but when Dad would give me shit or my ex would belittle me or slap me.. those feelings would come back. I'm ashamed, but I didn't talk about it much. I thought about getting a therapist but being a somewhat famous person has its challenges so I was worried it would be leaked and everyone would know my secret...

The wake was over, and we said our final goodbyes and left. Thankfully, Mom was driving, and so I decided to sit in the back with Jack. Mom was talking about the wake and seeing people she hasn't seen in a while and some small talk. I'm holding Jack's hand as we talk. He hasn't said much to me since we talked but was wandering around talking to our mutual friends and some of my family if he was around me at the time. He gripped my hand and squeezed every so often. He laid his head on my shoulder and I heard him snoring quietly. I kissed his head and let him sleep. He deserved it.

We finally arrived home after an hour. Mom went upstairs for a bit as Jack and I changed out of our nice clothes into comfy ones. We went to the living room that was adjacent to our room just as Mom was coming down the stairs. She was dressed in her work uniform and said she was going to work. "What? Isn't it a bit late for you?" I said while checking the clock. It was 6 pm, and normally, she works in the mornings. She nodded and said , "Yes, but they called me yesterday and asked, and I agreed. I knew today was going to be hard, so I wanted a distraction.." She trailed off, staring at the wall with a small sniff. I walked up and hugged her. She jumped a bit from surprise but hugged me back. "I love you, my son." And squeezed me hard. She sniffed a bit and let the hug linger. "I love you too, Mama." And squeezed back. She let me go and wiped her eyes. She smiled and looked at Jack. She reached out for him, too. They embraced, and she squeezed him also. "Thank you for everything, Seán. I love you too, my future son." And she laughed. I turned beat red fast and groaned. "Mooom.." and she laughed for the first time in days.  MJack just smiled wide while blushing a deep scarlet and said, "No, thank YOU. I'm glad I could help. Also, thank you for making this amazing man," he said, turning towards me and gesturing. Mom laughed and pinched my cheek with a small slap. "Well, I'm off to work. Be back around ten-thirty. Only agreed to a short shift. If your kids are hungry, I left money on the kitchen counter. Order some pizza or something. Be good," she finishes and kisses our foreheads.

Jack's POV - I laughed as she kissed me and Marks head. "We will," Mark smirked. I can tell by that smile there was something more behind it but shrugged it off. She left, and we immediately ordered Domino's as we only really ate the snacks at the wake so far. Mark ordered a medium-sized pizza with pineapple for me and just regular pepperoni for him. We also treated ourselves and got some cheesy bread and a 2 liter of Pepsi. We sat on the couch and started some Disney movie that was on. We sat on the couch
for a bit on opposite ends 
and watched the movie while we waited for our food. I didn't notice, but Mark kept scooting closer every so often. His right thigh was touching my left thigh when the doorbell rang. He grumbled but went to answer it. I assumed it was the pizza, and my assumption was correct when he came back with it. He set it on the coffee table but didn't open any boxes. Instead, he sat down and reached over and rolled me on his lap.

"M-Mawrk! Whatcha do - oh." I said in awe. He smirked as I realized what was poking me. His erection was back and harder than last time. He chuckled very deep and, in one swift motion, had me straddling him. He jerked up quickly, yet gently, and felt it poke my butt. I gasped in shock but also slight arousal. I looked in his eyes and could see a fire burning deep in his eyes, lust screaming at me. I can feel my face burn and bit his bottom lip lightly. He picked me up and laid over me, pinning my hands above my head, my legs wrapped around him with him inbewteen me. I moaned as his lips pushed against mine, his tongue entangling mine. He grinded slightly against making my growing erection harder. He bit my lip and breathed hard against me. He looked at me with soft eyes. It reminded me of a golden retriever, and it made me giggle. The look of when a dog is content and looks at you with such love. Wait, love? That can't be it... As if he heard my thoughts, Mark smiled and said, "I love you too, Seán."