Chapter 6

Mark's POV - I held Jack's hand as I led him to the desk to get a visitor sticker. Even as late as it was, visitors were allowed as long as the patients were feeling alright and the doctor approved. We headed to the elevator. As soon as the door closed, I dropped his bag and smashed my lips to his.  I heard a sharp intake of breath from his nose from being surprised, and he tensed a bit, but quickly, he relaxed and closed his eyes and dropped the bag too. I lightly bit his lip, and his mild moan let me gain entrance to his mouth with my tongue. Our tongues danced and fought for dominance as we continued the kiss. As I felt the elevator slow down, I lightly bit his lip again and pulled away. He looked at me mildly wide eyed, and slightly out of breath. Then his look changed as he started to pout. I just laughed and picked up the bag as the doors opened. He followed suit and walked behind me to Dad's room.

Jacks POV - He was sleeping as we entered but awoke when I shut the door. "Hey, son," he said to Mark. "Who's this?" He asked, confusedly looking at me. "Hey, Pop," Mark said quietly. "That's right, you've never met Jack personally. He's my friend who flew in for PAX. It's a YouTube thing," he quickly added when he looked at him, puzzled. "Hello, Mr. Fischbach. Nice to meet you, sir." I said quietly. His dad just laughed and said, "Sir? Wow, I didn't think I was that old!" He bellowed with his thunderous laugh. I just smiled awkwardly. Mark's mom heard us talking and also woke up. "Oh, Mark, you're still here! When did Jacksepticeye get here?" I was taken aback slightly as she recognized who I was and used my YouTube name. I just told her basically what Mark said to his Dad. We talked for a little bit when suddenly his dad had a coughing fit. The machines were jumping, and we all got worried. I handed him some water, and he said, "Son, Honey. I need to talk with you..." Mark's face fell, and my heart was hurting because I felt like I knew what he was going to say...

"Uhh.. I'll leave you three alone then," I say, turning to go out the door. "Now, now. Don't be like that, boy," his dad said. "You have just a much of say as Mark here." He said, gesturing towards Mark. I went wide-eyed but turned back towards them again. I pulled up the two chairs for Mark and I and placed them around his Dad's left side of the bed. Mark sat on the outside, and I sat on Marks right side. His dad took some deep, raggedy breaths and continued. "Now, I know this is going to be hard to hear, but this may be the last time I'm able to talk to you..." He said weakly with a cough. Mark made a fist as I could tell he wanted to cry, but he and I both knew his dad was probably right, and he didn't interrupt him. "I love both of you. And, I want to put some things out there. I wrote my will a few months ago. I knew there wasn't much time left with this cancer spreading. I left it in my safe. The code is our anniversary.".  His mom smiled wide when he said that, and his Dad's eyes twinkled. I watched Mark's face intently throughout him talking. His cheeks were sunk in like he was biting down hard. Tears were in the corner of his eyes.

"Honey, I left you the house, of course. Most of my savings and all the belongings. I love you with all of my heart." He reached out and took her hand. He rubbed her hand with his thumb slowly.  His mom had a few tears falling but said, "I love you too.." They continued to hold hands as his dad began again. "Son, I know I haven't been the best role model, but I just want you to know.. I forgive you." I didn't know what his Dad was referring to, but im sure Mark will explain. Tears welled in Marks eyes, and he said, "Pop.. I forgive you too, and I'm so sorry for what I said before.." His Dad waved a hand and said, "Now, now. I know it was my fault. I didn't mean what I said. Truth is, I'm actually very proud of you, son. You accomplished something that took me years to. You found your calling. You make people happy and give them something to look forward to in the morning." Tears were actively falling from everyone. I grabbed Mark's shoulder and squeezed. His dad looked at me, then Mark then smiled so big that the corners of his eyes cracked. "That reminds me, son.. you said Amy broke up with you before you came, right?" Mark breathed in deep and croaked a small, "Yeah.." He kept smiling. "Were you happy with her?" Mark was silent for a bit as he thought for a moment. "Well, I liked her, and we had good times. I had happy times, but im not sure if we were happy because of each other," Mark said. His Dad laughed. "Son, I'm glad you're being honest with yourself. I've known all along that you were gay." The tears stopped abruptly. Mark sat back in shock, and he gulped very loudly. I looked away blushing, his mom smiled, and his dad bellowed again. "Those girls you brought home.. I knew they were for show. You seemed like you were following our example. But, in your videos with this boy here.." He gestured towards me, and I returned my attention but to his dad this time. "It was something different. The happiness that danced in your eyes. The passion in your voice... My thoughts were confirmed." I turned to Mark just as he turned to me. He looked at me and smiled. I moved my left arm, and he grabbed it with his right. I smiled, and we looked back to his dad. "I don't know if you knew yourself, but I want you to know I approve." Mark squeezed my hand, and his dad continued. "I just want to know that you're happy when I'm gone. I love you, son." Mark took a hard breath. "I love you too, Dad." He extended his left arm out, and Mark took it with his left. "It's my time.. I'll be watching over you.." And, his dad closed his eyes for the final time.