Hence, when he saw the twinkle in her once nonchalant eyes as they approached the cake display cabinet inside the fine dining restaurant he had chosen, Min Yoongi knew he brought her to the right place. Because behind the layers of her sharp and stubborn exterior, dwelled a heart of an innocent child for cake and pastries, hiding inside Kim Jiwon.

And Yoongi could only shake his head with a lopsided smile as he watched her in awe. He wouldn't have interrupted her, only if they didn't have to get seated and order food.

"Does your mother ask you anything regarding the wedding? Like plans or anything?" Jiwon questioned and sliced her blueberry galette, the puff of steam rising up, the sweet aroma soothing her nostrils.

"She does." Yoongi smiled at her. "But I tell her you want to plan most of it, so she leaves me alone."

Jiwon scoffed and pointed her fork at him. "How cruel," she muttered, before she poked on her food and blew on it to cool down.

Yoongi chuckled at her reaction and went back to his meal. Unlike Jiwon who preferred to have sweets at this time of the day, Yoongi opted for a proper meal, as what he had told Jiwon when he doubted her choice.

"Hey, have you ever had a transaction with Mr. Im?" Jiwon asked, shifting the conversation.

"Quite certain I've met a lot of Ims in the past."

"Im Changsun," Jiwon cleared.

Yoongi paused for a moment and slouched back on his seat. "What is this about?" he queried.

"Business related matters." Jiwon looked down on her half-eaten galette. "And some strange stuff, I guess. I'm not sure either."

"Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you for the sake of confidentiality."

"Ouch." Jiwon made a face, pretending to be offended. "I can totally feel the distrust."

Brushing of her sarcasm, Yoongi kept silent as he scrutinized her, that if you'd look closer, you could tell he was pondering over something.

"Kim Jiwon," he said, his tone strict, "don't make it a habit to do reckless things."

Jiwon snorted in humor. "You come off as the literal image of the word 'indifferent', but I swear you really sound like you're worried about me when you speak like that."

To Jiwon, her words were merely a harmless joke, nothing but an innocent remark. But what came out of Yoongi's mouth caused her throat to tighten, rendering her silent.

"You're making me want to."

A second passed.

Followed by another. And then—

"You should see the look on your face, it's rather amusing."

As if Yoongi's words were flames, Jiwon's face burned. She was aware of the two reasons that caused this intense heat to spread through her cheeks. One being embarrassment, and the other... well, she chose to keep it to herself.

Jiwon made a face, letting out a breath of disbelief to compose herself. Really, really evil. She mentally groaned as the man's amusement carried on.

Failing to tranquilize her system, Jiwon stood up and narrowed her eyes at Yoongi. Wordlessly, she walked past him and his unsubdued laughter.

"Kim Jiwon." The teasing tone descended from his voice as he secured her arm in his grip, tugging her gently. "No more, I promise."

Her eyes traveled from the diners at the far-end corner, who minded their own business, to Yoongi who now had a stern facial expression, his hand still on her arm. Yoongi deliberately pulled her and assisted Jiwon to her seat before going back to his.

Jiwon threw him a death glare as she stabbed on her food and took a bite, but this only made Yoongi break into another suppressed laughter. So the cycle repeated; she glared at him once again. Except this time, Yoongi stopped, his lips curled up into a gummy smile.

And shit. Jiwon had to admit it was the cutest thing she had ever seen on his annoying face.

Kim Jiwon could only regret glaring at him because her gesture had then backlashed. A whirlwind surged waves of emotions within her, calling forth a storm in her gut that only confused her to no end. But Jiwon preferred to stay confused, or at least feigned to be despite the same incessant feeling knocking on her chest.

For whatever it could be, she wasn't exactly looking forward to face it.

— ✿ —
you all are the kindest and sweetest, and I'm most grateful towards all your uplifting words and encouragements. they helped me a lot more than you could ever imagine, and I hope I could express my gratitude more than words could ever do, but really, thank you so much