Prologue : Kuroo Aino

It all started one hot morning in the middle of our summer break.

"COME ON, GIVE ME THE REMOTE!"

"I'm watching the match, shhh."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'SHH'?! I'M GOING TO MISS TODAY'S EPISODE IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THAT DAMN REMOTE."

"I know," Kuroo Tetsurou smirked.

The 9-year-old Kuroo Aino glared at her brother, who was watching a volleyball match.

"COME ON, YOU CAN WATCH THAT LATER, I NEED TO WATCH THE LATEST NARUTO EPISODE DAMMIT."

"I was here first, so unfortunately, you're gonna miss today's episode," Tetsurou said, sticking out his tongue. You see, provoking Aino was a hobby of his.

"Tch, what's so good about volleyball anyway?!" She huffed, crossing her arms. "It's just a damn sport."

Kuroo glanced at her, raising an eyebrow. "How about you play volleyball with Kenma and me later? I'll show you that volleyball is not just a 'damn sport'."

"HAH? That wimpy gamer and you? No thanks! And I don't know how to play volleyball anyways..." She mumbled the last part.

"You'll never know unless you try," he said with a grin on his face. "Besides, you always hang out with those boys, catching bugs and such. Look, you're starting to look like a boy yourself." Tetsurou snickered, pointing at Aino's boyish haircut and her outfit which consists of a shirt with the text "SMASHHH" and oversized shorts.

[A/N: If you know the manga 'Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!', Aino looks like the young Tomo. Here's a picture if you're not familiar with the said manga:]

"What's wrong with catching bugs? And it's not like it's my fault that the girls from my class don't like me!" she huffed

"Whatever you say," he said, waving his hand in a dismissive manner. He returned his focus on the TV screen. "Just try playing with us, aight?"

Aino thought for a moment. "If I don't have anything to do, then I'll come," she said, walking away.

She was such a stubborn child back then; until now, really.

"Are you crazy?" Aino asked her brother, who was climbing the fence of his friend's, Kenma, house.

"It's okay, I always do this."

Once he reached the door, he knocked. A few seconds later, the door opened, revealing a woman in her early 30's.

"Ah, Kuroo-kun, come on in."