Chapter 9

"Hey, so how was your day off yesterday?" Maddie came running up from behind. It was now Tuesday. The day after Mason and I went to see my mom. I was now right by my locker.

"Hey, and it was not a day off I just... needed to be alone for a little bit," I said pausing in between.

"Oh with that new guy named Mason. In my opinion he is totally hot. But what about Josh? You guys are perfect for each other." Maddie said. "That's what I thought. But on Saturday night that all changed. Josh was drunk and wanted to have sex with me but I said no. But he wouldn't let go and grabbed me and tried to kiss me. But after a few minutes he stopped and pulled away only a little bit. So I took the chance to yell right in his face. He let go of me for one second but then wrapped his arms around my waist. Then I kicked him in a private spot and ran away." "Wait is this true?" I heard Kara's voice ask from behind me. I then turned around and saw all my other friends standing right behind me.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry," Tammy said running to me and giving me a hug.

"It's okay. It just wasn't meant to be," I said trying to hold all the sadness in.

"But wait that was after we dance right?" Kara asked me.

"Right," I answered her.

"Didn't you say we had to talk about something else?" Kara asked.

"Yeah I haven't had a very lucky weekend. My mom went to the hospital on Friday. My dad called me right as Josh had picked me up. Josh and I didn't go on our date because Josh knew something was wrong and he finally got it out of me that my mom was in the hospital. He then quickly drove us to the hospital. Once we found my dad we had to wait an hour until I could see my mom. The doctors told us she has breast cancer. And that is it,"

" Oh I'm so sorry," Elizabeth said and then the whole group came into a huge circle and gave me a hug.

"Hey, Aria. So we were just talking to your friend Mason. Will you please tell the guy he should join the football team?" Cameron asked walking down hall with some of his football friends in tow.

"Sorry. No can do. Mason only likes track and baseball," I said with a smirk on my face.

"It's true. I'll watch football but not play it," Mason said walking down the hall from the same direction.

Bllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg

"Well time to get to class," I said.

***********

"So I forgot to ask. How was your date?" I asked Kara. It was after school and all the boys had practice. Mason was at baseball practice, who had sort of become member of our little group, and the rest were at football practice. Except for Josh, which truly felt amazing to not have to deal with him.

"It was amazing. Cameron was so sweet. And I do want an honest answer about this next question I am going to ask you. Was Cameron with Josh when he... grabbed you?"

"Yes he was but I don't know if he was to drunk to notice or he didn't care."

"Probably to drunk. But look, I will talk to Cameron about him drinking. I don't even like it. But I have never liked that he drinks. I will for sure talk to him," Kara told me.

"Hey, everyone want to go over to my place and hang out in the swimming pool? We can play Spin the Bottle," Cameron asked coming up to us with eight other guys from the football team, Mason, and five other girls who were cheerleaders. They were also very nice and not the snotty rich cheerleader stereotypes, which was a plus.

"Sure," we all said in unison. We then hopped into each others cars and drove to Cameron's house.

We usually all kept one swimsuit in our back-pack, because usually once a week we will go over to Cameron's house to hang out in his pool. The girls went into his bathroom and took out our bikinis from our bags. But I then realized something