Teddy Bears

A/N: oooo a long chapter?!? Enjoy!!

"Ro I can't find the teddy bear!"

"Could you be more specific? There are teddy bears literally everywhere I look."

"It's the white one! Wait, no, it's the light purple one with a blue ribbon I think." Ellie threw her arms into the air and sat down on the sofa, putting her hands through her hair. "How hard is it to find a teddy bear?"

Robin laughed as she came into the living room, her arms full of various teddy bears and assorted stuffed animal toys. "Does it really matter which teddy bear goes to the hospital with us?" She put a hand on Ellie's back, rubbing it slowly, as she sat down on the sofa. "I'm pretty sure babies just eat, sleep and make a bit of a mess."

Ellie sighed and looked across the living room. What once had been a fairly neat apartment was now a bomb site of baby things; there were mountains of stuffed animals next to boxes of nappies and baby formula. No baking had been done in the last month because of the piles of equipment required to look after a baby according to every family member Ellie had spoken too. She didn't know what half of it did, but if it there was even the slightest chance it was important, she had to have it.

"I'm pretty sure your Dad will bring a lovely present for the baby and I wouldn't put it past Jason to get one of those huge bears that are the same size as a person." Robin laughed at the thought of Jason trying to get into the room holding a massive teddy bear. Even Ellie giggled a bit.

"Yeah, you're right," the brunette said, adjusting herself so she was laying back on the blonde's lap. "I just want everything to be perfect."

Robin grinned and kissed Ellie on the forehead. "Everything's perfect already, sweetie, it's just getting even better."

The brunette burst out laughing. "That is so cheesy!"

"You love it when I'm cheesy."

"Yeah, I do."

The blonde leant over to kiss her wife perfectly on the lips. The kiss wasn't long or amazingly romantic, but the look they shared afterwards almost meant more; words weren't needed to prove how much love they had for one another.

"What are you thinking about?" Robin raised an eyebrow at her wife.

"I thought I'd got better at controlling my ear!"

"Obviously not. You'd be a terrible spy."

Ellie rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling at Robin's joke. "I was thinking about what this room would look like in a month or so."

"Well that's obvious, isn't it?"

"How do you mean?"

"Well it's going to look exactly the same, but with even more stuff."

"Don't be mean! You wanted all of the stuff just as much as I did."

Robin laughed and moved some stray strands of hair from Ellie's face. "Yeah, I know. I'm sure all first-time parents buy one of everything in Mothercare, right?"

"We don't know if it's a boy or a girl so you can't blame me for that." Ellie tried to fold her arms but the ever-growing bump made it a struggle. Instead, she settled for a disgruntled scowl.

"I'm not blaming you for anything, sweetie, I'm trying to point out how wonderful you already are and that there's no need for you to worry."

"I'm not worrying! Why does everyone keep saying that?"

Robin rolled her eyes, still stroking the brunette's head. "Ellie, you have a colour-coded chart for how you want the birth to go. Mother nature doesn't even have a look-in on that chart."

"There's nothing wrong with being prepared?"

The blonde kissed the brunette again, smiling against her lips. "As usual, you're right, and I wouldn't dream of changing such a perfect plan."

"So you're still wise then?"

"But of course. Only the best for you, Ellie."

"You really are so cheesy it's unbearable." The brunette started to giggle and Robin joined in.

"Don't you mean camembert-able?"

"That was bad, even for you. Although speaking of cheese, do we have any red leicester? And some pickled onions? And maybe some Oreos?"

Robin sighed as she got up from the sofa, helping Ellie to sit up again. "Another craving?"

"I'm not even sure anymore. I had ketchup on peanut butter yesterday so maybe I'm just evolving into a world-class chef?"

"As much as I love your baking, sweetie, we both know you're a terrible cook if it's anything other than steak."

"Oh shush; you love steak."

"Not as much as I love you."

**********

Ellie grinned as she watched Bailey staring at the chocolate dessert before him; his eyes were wide with wonder at the pure size of the dish. It didn't take long for the plate to be clean with the desert covering him instead. Of course, Robin jumped in right away with the wet wipes and a minute later, Bailey looked like a happy little boy rather than a giggling chocolate monster.

Sure they were in Hawaii in a storm, stuck inside their room for the foreseeable future, but it was still perfection. The only thing missing would be-

"I can't believe we're missing Sherlock right now. The storm has ruined the signal for the British channels. Want to watch French cooking or a German version of the Simpsons? We have that covered but no, we don't do Sherlock in stormy weather."

Ellie burst out laughing and hugged her wife tightly. "Sherlock doesn't matter when we have each other."

"That's my line!"

The brunette felt her cheeks begin to burn as she looked straight into the blonde's eyes, the blue pearls staring back at her.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Two updates in one week? You lucky people. Anyways I hoped you enjoyed this little flashback - just a casual bit of fluff before more angst and drama starts again XD Let me know what you think in the comments!!