The Pub

"Good morning, what can I get for you?" Ellie's usual smile soon faded as Soph stood before her. "What do you want?"

"No need to be like that, Ellie. Is Robin here?"

"Why do you want to know? Every time you talk to her, she gets upset and I'm not going to let that happen again."

Soph laughed a little and readjusted her ponytail. "Oh, that's adorable and completely wrong."

"I'd love to hear why I'm wrong about my wife," Ellie said, anger bubbling beneath the surface of her skin. It was lucky the cafe was relatively quiet or she'd be embarrassed at her behaviour. However, Soph deserved all the anger Ellie could muster for having upset Robin.

"I'm pretty sure I know things about the beautiful blonde upstairs that you don't."

Just the words coming from Soph's mouth made Ellie's fists clench. It infuriated every inch of her being. "Like what, exactly? What does your little relationship have on our marriage?"

"Little relationship? Don't make me laugh."

"What's going on here?" Robin said having just come down the stairs from her break.

"Ellie was wondering about our little relationship," Soph said, making quotation marks at the word little. "Care to explain or shall I?"

Robin gulped, giving a wide-eyed look at her wife.

"We've known each other since nursery and even lived together at university. We had the house at the end of the street for about two years before she met you and there was also going to be a ring on my finger but something happened after our anniversary date that changed her mind."

Ellie took the blonde's hand into her own and squeezed it. "Ok, so we probably know Robin equally well. It still doesn't explain what the hell you're doing in our coffee shop."

"I came to ask Robin to sell me the pub she bought; I was intending to buy the building myself. It's bad enough she dumped me just before proposing, and then she goes and buys the building I need to start my business. It's like the two of you are rubbing salt in the wound."

"Salt in the wound?" Robin let go of Ellie's hand and slammed it on the counter, making Soph jump. "Half of that is lies and you know it."

"Lies? How is dumping me a lie, Robin?"

"You went through my things, paranoid I was seeing someone else and came across the ring. I didn't intend to give it to you after meeting Ellie because I wasn't sure what I felt about her."

Ellie cowered slightly behind Robin, the reality dawning on her that she'd been the reason for the blonde breaking things off with Soph. It was her fault that Soph was being so horrid. It was her fault Robin was unhappy because if she hadn't broken them up, the blonde never would have faced Soph's harsh words. Ellie put a hand to her mouth as she gasped; if she'd never broken the pair up, Robin would have been able to go to her Mum's funeral.

"Don't you dare start thinking about what could have happened," Robin said, placed her hands over Ellie's ears. "That was a different life in a different time. What could have been is nothing in comparison to what I have, ok?" She kissed the brunette lightly on her forehead as the smaller woman sunk into Robin's embrace.

"Well sorry to interrupt but I don't care; I want what's rightfully mine. I'm selling the house so I can afford more than the original asking price if that would encourage you. Think it over and I'll come back in a few days to accept your offer."

With that, Soph left the shop and disappeared from view as she walked into the heart of the village. Ellie stood, frozen, in the blonde's grasp and time fell still. She'd certainly never expected that and if Soph thought they'd move over and do what she wanted, then the bitch had another thing coming.

A/N: Just a small update because why not do two chapters in one week? XD Hope you enjoy folks :3